• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Cleaning.......Which Bore Guide

Re: Cleaning.......Which Bore Guide

Email Mike, tell him rifle brand, caliber, LA or SA, etc. All info you can give him, plus the diameter of your cleaning rod if you have it. He'll get you one made that fits and works great.

[email protected]

I use Dewey, but now that I'm looking at the Lucas, it is really fancy than the dewey, I will consider it for the next bore guide purchase.

Jeff, yes I have one. I may have been the first to ask Lucas for this. I had him make one for the SH Valkyrie rifle early last year. He had not heard of the Badger action and I had to take several measurements for him. Fits great.

Deisel,
cool, looks like I'll be getting a lucas bore guide. By the way, how much do they go for?

No bore guide is any good unless the guide tip and rod diameter are properly matched. Using a .22 caliber rod in a tip sized for a .30 cal rod is at least as bad as using no guide at all. Maybe worse, because it fools you into thinking you're doing something helpful.

Greg

Lucas!

lucas all the way

TK Nolan if money is no object. Lucas otherwise. Used correctly neither you or your rifle will know the difference

Just placed an order with Mike Lucas. VERY nice guy to deal with. I was told the order would ship towards the middle of August.

I just place an order with him too for a bore guide for my new AE, looks like the end of August for delivery at this point.

I gotta go with Lucas as well. Have been using one for a year now, and it is awesome!

Mine shipped today,all in $82 bucks for both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hanks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Lucas make them for AR15's ? </div></div>

Yes. I have, or have had, 25 wssm, 243 wssm,6X45mm, 17 Rem. and of course .223. He responds very quickly to email and I usually get the guides within a couple of weeks.

I use Pro-Shot implements. Honestly, though, many may come from a common source.

Well considering I never had one up till a few weeks ago, I think my Dewey works just fine.

I use a possum hollow bore guide and am thoroughly happy with it. I drilled a hole in it to add solvent after the patch is already in the guide, so it doesn't drip out the back.

Got it for around 15 bucks back when i used to shop at midway.