• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning / Wife Out

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    How clean do you clean your barrels

These 2 have set for (3) 24 hour periods soaked with wipe out. With 6 patches wet with patch out at the end of each 24 hour period.

Still getting a slight bit of blue but maybe it’s from suppressor brake mount ?

After the first patch the rest are clean

0D4FA72D-7569-48A3-8CC4-6C5DDB025785.jpeg

8BD3CF32-13CE-4154-AEBC-72D108DE39E1.jpeg

What is the jag made of? If un-plated brass it may be the source.
    It’s silver from bore tech so I don’t think so.

On that note Bore Tech is the best stuff I’ve used

I love wipe out Burt... Borescope it and see if any copper is left. I usually pull my brakes off to avoid false positives.... that is, when I actually clean my barrels

Last edited:
    Reactions: BurtG
    I was hoping for the OP to publicly air some saucey related Wife-out-the-door story of sort; guess it was "wipe-out" intended for the thread title.

I was going to suggest bleach before I realized that the issue was with a gun.

Nah, fuck it, I'm sticking with bleach. Use bleach

Teslong bore scope is your friend. Then you can see how clean it is. When I used to clean based on the patches that would have been good enough for me.

Reactions: BurtG
    It’s hard to express how utterly disappointed I am in this thread.
    I was going to suggest he call you and than I get this shit.

If OP keeps at it I’m sure he will be the first guy to ever push a groove out of the barrel…..have you seen this dudes farm posts?

I am impressed with the patch though.

I don’t even wipe that clean which is why I have a no shitting unless immediately followed by the shower rule.

Last edited:
    I never had much luck getting barrels clean relying on the patch and what it looked like. The borescope is a lot better. Once I say how not cleaned they were I began the quest to get then clean without wrecking them. I will use clr but I don't leave it in the barrel and I make sure I get it all out and I make sure I don't get it anywhere else. I use these little droppers I got on Amazon.

The clr is a good start but then I use Casey foaming gel borescrubber with a nylon brush if I really want it clean. I'm not going to use a bronze brush ever nor do I need to. That foaming gel works really well with about 10-20 strokes. Then hop#9 to clean everything out of the bore