• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Clip on mount question

Jrb572

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I need some help. I am looking to put a thermal clip on on my rifle. I have no clue about anything thermal and trying to figure it out before I make a purchase and make the wrong decision.

What are my best options? Does it always require a mount in front of the scope? Will this LRI mount be a good choice?

Short answer is you can usually get away with the SPUHR A-700 if you run spuhr mounts. Sometimes the mount has to be flipped to open up away from the barrel otherwise you get interference.

Generally folks have more trouble getting true alignment with EFR type bridge systems as opposed to a chassis or AR type system where the rail is full length and on the same plane.

There’s a lot of ways to skin a cat, but it will always depends on the types of gear you’re wanting to run.

Shoot me a PM with your mobile and we can go over the details via voice.

Last edited:
    Like Preston said, lots of ways to go about it depending on the rifle you have. I personally run a KRG Bravo with their night vision bridge and it has been great for me. I may grab a chassis at some point but that's only to get a folding stock.

Hadn't seen that LRI piece, pretty cool

Not gonna lie, a folding EH1 with the LRI mount would be pretty balling for a lightweight 204R clip-on varminter setup.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    I need some help. I am looking to put a thermal clip on on my rifle. I have no clue about anything thermal and trying to figure it out before I make a purchase and make the wrong decision.

What are my best options? Does it always require a mount in front of the scope? Will this LRI mount be a good choice?

I am talking to them about exactly the same thing: mounting a thermal on a 700LA Manners HTG. Be aware the Spurh is good for up to 308, they don't recommend for anything bigger - especially if the thermal is a heavy one.

I was on board till they told me they need the complete rifle for the fitting.

As much as I love traditional stocks, especially for hunting rifles, they don't play nice with thermal clip-ons, or not in a way I have found optimal.

"Yet."

Reactions: st1650
    the thermal will be getting switched from my Sako Quad in a McMillan a5 to my AXMC. The Sako is going to be used for critter control at my farm. It will probably be on it the most. It would occasionally go on the AXMC for coyotes. We also have a few that need to be controlled.

I have a AI mount on the quad and a Sphur on the AXMC. The height of the AI mount lets me swap barrels on the quad