• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Cloud Atlas

chooter

A#1 BMF
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I do not know if there is a book this is based on but if so read it first. It took my fuzzy old brain a while to figure out who was who in which time frame. Made the movie flow better when figured out. Good enough movie to watch but two negatives: the language used in different time periods was annoying, and for some a 2:52 long movie maybe a turnoff. I thought the time went fast.

Re: Cloud Atlas

2:52 long, one of those movie where you don't want to bring anything to drink.

I've heard a lot about how this was a bomb at the box office, but my wife wanted to see it so I figured we'd give it a shot. Not a bad movie in my opinion. If you can get past the perceptibly shitty makeup that is inevitable when attempting to sell a character as a part of entirely different ethnic group than the one they are born into then you should be able to enjoy the film. I can't fault them for trying, for an independent film without a ridiculous hollywood budget, I have to say they did a damn good job. Don't read any further if you haven't seen the movie.

Hanks, in my favorite scene in the film is at his best when he's portraying Dermot Hoggins, a former tough guy/street thug turned writer who tosses his most loathsome critic off of a high-rise balcony to the mutual terror of a hundred people at his book release party. Hugo Weaving is believable as the assassin, Bill Smoke, right up to the point where he contemplates squeezing the trigger on that 1911 without the damn thing being cocked and locked. Just sayin'.

Ducky,

You talking about the Korean girl made up like the white girl? My girl laughed out loud when she saw that.

I enjoyed the movie all in all and would recommend it. I think it's main flaw (and the flaw of many book to movie adaptations) is that it's simply too hard to capture a book, especially one with an epic story, and put it into movie form.

The wifey rented this movie last weekend from redbox. I had read the book THE cloud atlas and thought it was from that. Boy was I wrong!! This movie was very hard to follow, and I really couldnt find a plot anywhere. Even having Tom Hanks in this movie couldn't save it from tanking. Surprised I stayed awake for the whole thing. LOL... Save your money and read "The" Cloud Atlas.

They tried hard to be a deep, thought-provoking movie. And they fell woefully short of that mark, IMO. I love deep movies, but this just left me wanting...

Watched it last night and like others, I found the story interesting but was overly long. It was like watching three one hour movies about the same thing but set in different time periods... But then that's also what the cover told me it would be. The makeup crew did a great job on Hanks and it was good to see agent Smith (matrix) again... creepy leprechaun took the cake.