• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMMG 45 Banshee

daddyflea

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
I bought a CMMG Banshee in 45acp. I put a Obsidian 45 Suppressor on it. Before the Suppressor I really never fired it. Now it is failing to feed. It jams the round about half way into the Barrel. I thought CMMG was a top notch company and I made contact with them. Believe it or not they refuse to call me. I do have an action tuning kit for the 45 put out by CMMG but I really do not think back pressure is the isuue. This think sometimes fails to feed by releasing the bolt manually and I have tried different magazines. Any suggestions?

I bought a CMMG Banshee in 45acp. I put a Obsidian 45 Suppressor on it. Before the Suppressor I really never fired it. Now it is failing to feed. It jams the round about half way into the Barrel. I thought CMMG was a top notch company and I made contact with them. Believe it or not they refuse to call me. I do have an action tuning kit for the 45 put out by CMMG but I really do not think back pressure is the isuue. This think sometimes fails to feed by releasing the bolt manually and I have tried different magazines. Any suggestions?
have you tried different magazines and/or different ammunition?

.45 ACP systems are notorious for being picky about certain bullet profiles combined with feed ramp angles because of the length of the case relative to the size.

The classic example is certain 1911s not liking JHPs because of feed ramp geometry and needing the round nose of FMJ to guide the cartridge

Well you were absolutely correct. It seems the Banshee 45 does not like Glock Magazines. If the nose of the round in the Magazine is tilted up, it jams every time. It does pretty good with the long 26rd magazine that comes with it. Problem is the lip of the magazine acts as a fulcrum lifting the nose of the round causing the jam. I was very disappointed that CMMG, whom I thought was a reputable company, refused to talk to me by phone. My problem was solved by a slightly heavier Buffer spring, which hits the round harder, causing the nose of the round to tip down, and using the 26rd mags. The Glocks will also work, but you must make sure the nose of the round is completely level in the magazine. It is a natural tendency to raise the nose of the rounds when loading by hand. CMMG uses Glock Mag compatibility as a selling point, but unfortunately my 45 Banshee hates them. I can not stress more, how disappointed I was with CMMG support, which was completely nonexistent.

Reactions: WindstormSCR