• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMMG barrels

greggrissom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
Hello: I am working on getting parts together for a 300BO build, mainly for hunting purposes. I was wondering about the CMMG barrels and has anyone had any experience with them. The price won't brake the bank and leave money for other parts but if they won't shoot, then I will look elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

They are nothing to write home about, but they certainly get the job done. While I prefer WC, FN, or Spikes barrels on the ARs I build, I have used both Stoner and CMMG barrels on some of my "budget builds". They get the job done and shoot with good reliability and decent accuracy.

I only have one CMMG barrel and it's for my 300 Blk. It was built as a hunting gun. It's a fast twist barrel and I was worried it wasn't going to shoot 125 gr bullets well. Started out with Sierra 125 gr bullets and I was shooting patterns, tried some Speer 125 gr bullets and I'm punching small knots at 50 yards. I've had too many competing priorities lately, but I plan to shoot some groups at 100 eventually, whatever the case it seems it'll be plenty accurate for my purposes.

You might check on the prices of Criterion barrels. Not sure if they make this caliber, but they probably do.

For my budget build I got a Faxon barrel from AIM Sports (in 556). Faxon does make a couple 300BO barrels so you might look at them.

I just got the build done and have not shot it yet but from the reviews I have read their ARAK-21 uppers shoot great so I expect this barrel to work well.

You might check on the prices of Criterion barrels. Not sure if they make this caliber, but they probably do.

You are correct. We manufacture a 16" .300 Blackout barrel that is available through Midwest Industries. Our product page lists the specs and provides a link to the MI product listing.

AR-15 .300 AAC Blackout Barrel

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Josh