• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP Aution rifle

That is a Army Marksmanship Unit rifle, not an Airforce or Marine rifle.

I got a Model 70 target rifle in 308, from the CMP auction a while back think it would make a good 260 build. Turns out it was a tack driver so I'm using it as is. Now I have to find another Model 70 doner rifle.

Last edited:
They put an anschutz trigger in it, I don't know how much they would have to cut the receiver to install it. Might not be able to use a regular 700 trigger again.

Looking at the top of the trigger mortice it looks like they may have used a Trigger hanger, the AMU was famous for this, it allows the use of the Anschutz trigger w/p permanent mod to the rifle.

Marty
Badger Ordnance

Here it is. This puppy is gonna go for big bucks. Glad I'm not a Marine.

Civilian Marksmanship Program - Promoting firearms safety training!

Apparently the Marines bought 300 or so Model 70s to test as future sniper rifles in the early part of WWII. This is one of those.

Just added to the auction site today and is already over a grand, still got 11 days to go. One of you rich ex-Marines need to jump on it.