• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP Eastern Games

hrfunk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
Ohio
For anyone who might be interested, the link below will take you to a video I made a few days ago at the CMP Eastern Games: Camp Butner NC. The are plenty of vintage sniper rifles in the video; as well as a few vintage snipers, and quite a few other past military rifles. Be kind, I'm no Cecil B. Demille!

The 2014 Eastern CMP Games - YouTube

HRF

I wondered what it was like at Camp Buckner. Now I know if I want to go.

Thanks for making the video. Hopefully info like this will help pull more shooters back into CMP matches.

Sadly, the shooters on the firing lines appear more "seasoned" every year. B

I wondered what it was like at Camp Buckner. Now I know if I want to go.

Thanks for making the video. Hopefully info like this will help pull more shooters back into CMP matches.

Sadly, the shooters on the firing lines appear more "seasoned" every year. B

That was part of what I had in mind when I made the video. I thought if the word got out, it might encourage more shooters to attend. On the other hand, there is kind of a familial quality to the relationships between those of us who shoot there. Kind of like shooting with 200 of your closest friends. I'd hate to see that go.

HRF

Thanks for posting hrfunk. I never get tired of watching people shoot in competition in
person or on video.:eek:

Siefly

For anyone who might be interested, the link below will take you to a video I made a few days ago at the CMP Eastern Games: Camp Butner NC. The are plenty of vintage sniper rifles in the video; as well as a few vintage snipers, and quite a few other past military rifles. Be kind, I'm no Cecil B. Demille!

HRF

100% agree on bringing new shooters, this is a tradition that should never die. As for everything, new blood is always good; in addition, the "older gentlemen" will teach the youngsters a lesson or two, as knowledge needs to be passed on.
Thanks for sharing.

Fortunately there were some Juniors at this match. You can see one or two near the end of the video. There were several more in the small bore competition.

HRF

There were actually several Mausers. They were just beyond my field of view. A couple of M1C/D's also made it to the line. The 1903A4 / 1941's are probably the most popular rifles in these matches, though. (by the way, be careful. The "cute butt" is only about 15 years old, and her Daddy might be on this forum).

HRF