• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP sold Unertl and USO MST-100 scopes

This will probably be my last update for a while. Work is starting to pickup again. I will, however update this as I receive input from you guys.
I have updated the comments column to include more info as well.

The total counts are as follows:
614-CMP Sold Scopes (+1 scope for the MK13 sale with a scope 1603)
63-converted to .50 cal
92-.50 cal scopes 5XXX Serial#

Total # of Issued, Privately owned or Possible CMP scopes are highlighted Green. The total is now 14.

So the spreadsheet accounts for a total of 628 total scopes.

For the 1001 to 1913 serial number range we have 522 of the 913 scopes accounted for. This is assuming a total of 913 scopes.

For the 5001 to 5150 serial number range we have 92 of the 150 scopes accounted for. This is assuming a total of 150 scopes.

Thanks again to everyone for their input.

Great job on the spreadsheet!

Thanks,
Dave

Reactions: capthook
I was lucky enough to get to TxE some of the US Optics modified Unertl scopes back when they had the USMC contract. USO and I often found ourselves at each others throats but the work they did on the Unertls was great. The USMC had a problem because the Unertls would not get a 100 yard zero on the 30moa base on the M403’s. USO developed a new spring system for the erector that allowed a 100 yard zero to be achieved. It worked better than the original Unertl system. So if you wonder why they made the modification now If we have one without the mod, does that mean it was never mounted on an A3? Or never intended to be?
We're any non USO modded scopes mounted on M40A3's?

We're any non USO modded scopes mounted on M40A3's?
That’s a good question. I don’t know. Maybe Skunk could answer that.

They may have changed scope based to 20 moa as I think Badger did some, but it was not long before they switched to the SxB 3-12’s

It’s just a guess. But mine did not have rings but it’s definitely painted like it would have had the badger rings and been on an a3 and has no mod.
IMG_5914.jpeg

One of my CMP 10x came with a3/5 rings, but rings were not painted like scope, see #1858 in the spreadsheet. No USO mod......one of the rings had a bit if rust in the bottom. I almost think CMP was assembling things to maximize sales value......

It looks like mine came the same way, originally had rings but was sold to me without, and no USO Mod... Didn't notice it as I was looking at just the data and not really focusing on the scope pics...Interesting
1715273851250.png

Last edited:
Reactions: cplnorton
Early on the CMP did sell several batches of 8 or reportedly more scopes to individuals, those would not show up in the sales records you have been referring to and could also account for some of the missing. One of mine came from one of these batches (1178). PWS rebuilt their A1's recently as well and they have at least 13 still which if you dig around could probably find the SN's of them from Quantico matches.

Group Shot top right mine.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 2.30.29 PM.png