• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP Talladega Unknown Distance

I have been really fed up with things as of late, said fuck it one afternoon and left work (cough cough not feeling well) and just went out to the CMP to check out the unknown distance steels range. Needed to blow off some steam

Took one bolt gun 6.5CM and took one AR10 .308
Had a ton of fun, probably shot 120 rounds between both guns.

There were steels all over the place, from about 50ish yards out to 650. They did have some smaller steels hanging at the end of the line at about 650.

There were steel animals with kill zones, a pig, a bear, an elk, a deer all at various distance. I will say there was no shortage of different size targets to shoot at all distances.

I just wish the CMP would go out to 1000, but I had fun and feel like after that day I am better at dialing in shots to uneven distances (like 373 yards instead of a clean 400). I was lucky there was basically no wind, that is something I still need a lot of work on.

I meant to post up a pic of the unknown distance range, here it is. This is just to the left of the 200/300/600 electronic target range

1599084986404.png

Reactions: Snipe260
Looks like you got all the beers drank this time.

Or are you one of those yuppy rednecks who has a separate cooler for dead fish? 🤣
A little blood, fish slime, and river water adds to the specialness of a cold fishin beer.

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn