• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing cnc bolt handle threading

Re: cnc bolt handle threading

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hesco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how many passes are you taking when helical thread milling </div></div>

just one pass. with this this long, skinny thread mill, i was surprised it didn't even requiring at least a spring pass.

hey 300, have you looked at or ever done anything with a savage handle? the one with the big knob? there is alot of meat there and the handle comes off so it could easily be held for machining

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey 300, have you looked at or ever done anything with a savage handle? the one with the big knob? there is alot of meat there and the handle comes off so it could easily be held for machining </div></div>

i honestly haven't even looked at one.

the next thing on my to-do list is to modify my existing fixture or make a new one to accept left hand remington bolts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey 300, have you looked at or ever done anything with a savage handle? the one with the big knob? there is alot of meat there and the handle comes off so it could easily be held for machining </div></div>

i honestly haven't even looked at one.

the next thing on my to-do list is to modify my existing fixture or make a new one to accept left hand remington bolts. </div></div>

Don't let AXE derail you, Savages can be done later
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't let AXE derail you, Savages can be done later
laugh.gif
</div></div>

lol. i was supposed to borrow a left hand remington bolt last weekend but forgot to get it. i <span style="font-style: italic">think</span> with a little material removal, i can make my fixture work for left hand bolts.

That looks like great craftsmanship. Thanks for a great thread.

nice part is if he looks at a savage knob and sees the metal there, plus the fact he can bolt up just the handle, he will have the savage conversions done faster than 700s
smile.gif