• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Co Ax press, an I screwing up

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
Got this press from Herofish in that group buy, am just getting around to using it now.

I adjusted the dies to a snug cam over, am sizing new brass right now, it is camming over with the same pressure that it was without a shell in there. Is it that easy normally or am I screwing something up?

I felt that way when I first got mine about 30 years ago. The difference in mechanical advantage between a "C" press and the CoAX is amazing. You'll notice additional resistance when doing fired brass.

How much shoulder bump do you think that new brass needs? Another one, how much cam over do you think those flimsy jaws can take?

Probably not going to hurt the press, but unless you've got a REALLY small chamber you're hurting your brass. No need to screw the die down any more than necessary to make if fit in the chamber no matter what press you've got.

John