• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cold Bore - Patagonia program question

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
Anyone that would be using Cold Bore, is there a way to extend the distance some? My hand held that I have used for years is maxed out at 4500 yards. Last shot have you messed around with this at all.

Thanks

oneshot.onehit
JH

Even the desktop version is limited to 4500, there is no setting or config file I can see to edit to change that.
Think this one is an email Gus request.

Actually it goes up to 4500 meters or 4900 yards, depending on your ZR units

Actually it goes up to 4500 meters or 4900 yards, depending on your ZR units
Help me out with this when you have time, they are pushing us past 4200 yards the last few years now and I cant find a way to get my hand held Panasonic - Cold Bore to get past 4500 yards. It will be knocking on our door soon - the distance. I was looking for a setting to adjust the limits but I can’t locate it.

Thanks
oneshot.onehit
Jeff Heeg

Help me out with this when you have time, they are pushing us past 4200 yards the last few years now and I cant find a way to get my hand held Panasonic - Cold Bore to get past 4500 yards. It will be knocking on our door soon - the distance. I was looking for a setting to adjust the limits but I can’t locate it.

Thanks
oneshot.onehit
Jeff Heeg
I sent Gus a email as well now.
Jeff

6.5SH
The only thing I was able to do was go into the gun profile change my zero from the setting to meters instead of the 100 yards, then when switching to the shooting solution it starts out in meters in which you can run out to its max and then click to yards while in the shooting solution and it gets past the 4500 yard limit. With that I get a cryptic message saying I exceeded the limits of the program.

Right now we are being pushed to 4200 and some change at some of the events - not far from the 4500 limit. I really trusted Cold Bore for years now but I am somewhat surprised on the level of discussion here or lack of it. Time to look at some of the alternatives and hope the are as accurate.

I supposed to some it may seem as some wack job trying to see what his program will max out as versus someone who is actually using it and now running out to its limits as it was developed years ago.

Hopefully you have better luck figuring a way to exceed farther if needed as well.

oneshot.onehit

Reactions: 6.5SH