• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cold bore

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
I‘ve been getting bad fliers with my CZ it started doing it after about 1500 rounds. Other than that it shoots pretty good. Any suggestion

When I start seeing accuracy loss with my center fire it’s usually time to clean. I’d start there...

Coldbore flyers on a rimfire has to do with the carbon ring that forms from where the bullet leaves the brass. The first few shots is warming up that hard carbon ring, and once it's warm it'll start grouping normally.

It happens to my Vudoo when I don't clean it at about 500-750 rounds. Only takes 2 shots to warm it up, but I don't like ever having a cold bore shift, so I get rid of all that carbon when I start seeing the shift.

Exactly what littlepod said. My Lilija develops a carbon ring pretty quick, and when it does my first shots are all over to place, and even after warming up I notice a little increase in group size. I have heard many theory's on the best way to clean this, but the best solution I have found is a worn out bronze .223 brush, I bought a new one and rolled it between a couple of 2x4's to soften it up a bit. I put it on a 12 inch pistol cleaning rod (just because it is easier to handle), put a few drops of oil on it, and take a few passes at the first three or 4 inches of the bore. After that I will run a couple of wet patches through to clean anything out, and a dry patch will feel for the ring.

I've plugged my chamber, and just filled my barrel up with the Boretech rimfire cleaner / carbon cleaner, let it soak for a day. Then run a few patches and it works well.

Well thank you I think you solved my problem. I’ll give it a good old fashion cleaning every couple hundred.

I've plugged my chamber, and just filled my barrel up with the Boretech rimfire cleaner / carbon cleaner, let it soak for a day. Then run a few patches and it works well.
what do you plug the muzzle with?