• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cold weather and TR shooting

muchacho

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2010
MI
The Dead of Winter is here in northern MI so I had to set up a range out my home office window into my 40 acres of hardwoods to keep me and the ammo warm. I taped out 50 and 100 yards. Here's my second 50 yard target today and only the second time out with this rifle. I had the scope set at 24x and it was almost cheating. I used Wolf MT. I have the heavy bottom metal and I'm not sure if it helped or not. My last target was not this good but it was windy.

Shooting the 100 yard target is a whole new game. I had to aim probably 6 inches high and 2 inches left. I'll play with the turrets next time and get some better support for the rifle.
widowbench.jpg

18Ftarget.jpg

Re: Cold weather and TR shooting

looks like a good time to look into a can lol.

Nice shooting, hey is that the tasco varmint scope? How do you like it? Is it clear? I am looking at that one or the bushnell banner mil dot.

Thanks.

It's a Tasco 6-24x42 illuninated. It's clear to about 18x then gets a little less crisp but functional in good light. AO focus is key to using this scope. Remove the caps and it has nice turret knobs.

Nice. Gotta love those TRs! And 40 acres make the adventure even better. Sweet.

Very nice! While I was living in upstate NY I would often shoot in the cold and snow. It was actually pretty fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muchacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dead of Winter is here in northern MI so I had to set up a range out my home office window </div></div>

what would ermey say?
cheating.jpg

laugh.gif