• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coldbore classic RTC

Dustyplyr

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 11, 2018
    North Dakota
    So i will be shooting the coldbore classic with a buddy this upcoming February. This will be my first rtc style match and in pretty excited for it but also nervous that I'm biting off more than i can chew. For those of you that shoot/ have shot rtc matches is there any advice that you have for me? I'm coming from ND so i don't want to make the long trip just to find I'm beyond unprepared.
    Thanks in advance guys.

Reactions: CaylenW
    I live in the area of the CBC range and have shot it. Prepare for cold temps and wind. The match its self is different every year. They are a lot of fun. Most likely a mover stage, wind, short stage times, did i say wind?

*Know your dope. (And have something to write on)
    *Practice positional shooting (get crazy with it) one stage was you can only use your partner 3 standing 3 kneeling 3 prone. Both have to shoot the stage only useing each other as rests. Times were fast.
    *Go shoot in the Wind.
    *backpack with some extra gear nothing crazy but things you think you'll need.

Goodluck its a blast

Reactions: Dustyplyr
    I live in the area of the CBC range and have shot it. Prepare for cold temps and wind. The match its self is different every year. They are a lot of fun. Most likely a mover stage, wind, short stage times, did i say wind?

*Know your dope. (And have something to write on)
    *Practice positional shooting (get crazy with it) one stage was you can only use your partner 3 standing 3 kneeling 3 prone. Both have to shoot the stage only useing each other as rests. Times were fast.
    *Go shoot in the Wind.
    *backpack with some extra gear nothing crazy but things you think you'll need.

Goodluck its a blast
    Appreciate it. Wind and cold are the normal for me here in North Dakota

Reactions: Brian300
    There is also a different guy running the show this year, so it might be kinda hard to nail down exactly what to expect. I've never shot coldbore, but I am planning on it this year. Having shot some of Gentry's black hammer matches, I am expecting some pretty small targets.

So i will be shooting the coldbore classic with a buddy this upcoming February. This will be my first rtc style match and in pretty excited for it but also nervous that I'm biting off more than i can chew. For those of you that shoot/ have shot rtc matches is there any advice that you have for me? I'm coming from ND so i don't want to make the long trip just to find I'm beyond unprepared.
    Thanks in advance guys.
    I'm gonna do my best to make it out this year, but we'll be on a quick turn coming back from Florida.

The Cold Bore match is a ton of fun and if you're coming from ND, it's not gonna be a big deal. The match location is Rattlesnake Hills, on the edge of eastern Washington's "no-man's" land IVO Hanford Reach. It's flat, barren and windy. You'll be right at home. I used to run a range on the other side of the hill from Rattlesnake and it's proper miserable in the winter.

With the match being run by someone other than John Hauptman I'm not sure what it's gonna be but the RTC matches are well ran and a ton of fun. Expect a mix of field shooting and positional prop stuff. There will be a mover if it's an RTC match. If not, I'll be surprised. They'll shoot the mover on the main 1000 yd high power range where the wind is even and predictable. Down the hill in the pistol bays is another story regarding wind though...

Nothing special man, just bring your brain and shoot your rifle! Have fun!