• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

collecting books in the age of censorship

WoobieJ

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2012
West Texas
With all the censorship and destruction of historical sites and monuments lately -
I want to start collecting books. Specifically:
1. History books, or other historical texts
2. Manufacturing, machining, engineering
3. Any other useful books (ex. Covert Rural Surveillance by Ben Wall)
4. Any other books you guys would recommend

I’d really like to hear ya’ll suggestions! Thanks!

Start with Fahrenheit 451...
smiley_smartass.gif

And then Unintended Consequences. And the Ballad of Carl Drega...

Orwell of course. Why do I suspect that when the book burners track you down and mob you house they will wish they had picked on a different librarian.

Last edited:
I’m sure you already know, but get the physical books. You never own a book on Kindle—they can take it back at anytime.

Reactions: geek65 and WoobieJ
Haha! I’ve always been told you shouldn’t ever search for the Anarchists Cookbook, which just makes me want a copy more :ROFLMAO: informational purposes only of course
Ha! I bought the Anarchist Cookbook when I was 12 years old. I still can't believe the bookstore sold it to me. I was a ..... mischievous... kid and tried probably too many of the things in it. Most of it didn't work. But some of it worked very well. I'm shocked I didn't get killed or seriously hurt. I still have the book and just got excited that it might be worth something. But, sadly, you can order the book on Amazon for about $20.

Ha! I bought the Anarchist Cookbook when I was 12 years old. I still can't believe the bookstore sold it to me. I was a ..... mischievous... kid and tried probably too many of the things in it. Most of it didn't work. But some of it worked very well. I'm shocked I didn't get killed or seriously hurt. I still have the book and just got excited that it might be worth something. But, sadly, you can order the book on Amazon for about $20.

Its amazing some of us survived childhood isnt it? 🤪

The Anarchists Cookbook
The Turner Diaries

I found a copy of that cook book in a gun store out west several years ago. I was flying so I didn't buy it. Kicked myself a long time for that decision.

If anyone has that cookbook and willing to ship it, I'll pay! I can't bring myself to buy it from Amazon...

Reactions: WoobieJ
The Anarchists Cookbook
The Turner Diaries

#1 on your list will get you killed.

#2 on your list is about white supremacy isn't it?

What you want are the "Poor Man's James Bond" and you can download all four for free off SCRIBD. You can sign up for free downloads for a week or a month or whatever. Get all the FM's and TM's and shit you want and cancel it.

PMJB (poor mans james bond) also has all those military manuals on explosives, incendiaries, boobytraps and shit so I won't repeat those.

FM on Survivablity.

SF field surgical manual.

SAS survival guide.

Firefox books.

Stewart's Calculus. Unless you want dumb kids.

I have a copy of Little Black Sambo. Does that count? :LOL:

Is it the one where his momma sends him to get milk and he comes back with butter? How he got the butter was the funny part.

I think my aunt has the copy my grandmother used to have. God, that thing has to be over 100 years old.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
I’m sure you already know, but get the physical books. You never own a book on Kindle—they can take it back at anytime.
Alright, get your nerd suit on...

As an avid ebook hoarder/reader, I recommend learning how to remove DRM and import your kindle books to a local server. All of this can be done with Calibre. Check this out: Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 (and later) and KFX in calibre

Also, if you can channel your inner nerd properly, you could set up a vpn server on your home network and configure your devices (preferably android based like lineageos, because fuck tim cook) to connect to it. Then you can use any device (tablet, phone, etc...) to connect/download books from your server library at any time. What this essentially does is give you the power to act like your own "Amazon" ebook cloud that you have complete control over. And don't get me started on Movie/TV or video game streaming... :geek:

Stewart's Calculus. Unless you want dumb kids.

Hah Stewart's Calculus is pretty dear to my heart. Another good one is University Physics. I highly recommend both of these.

Don't forget to add taboo movies and tv shows to your collection while you still can. Thankfully I have most of the "racist" movies you can no longer own or watch.

Blazing Saddles, Dukes of Hazard, Gone with the Wind, etc.

I would start out by strongly suggesting you have actual print copies of books and not just electronic copies.
I would also recommend you have actual CDs of the music you like and actual DVDs of the movies you like.

For books, I'd suggest getting a wide variety, including lots of good novels that you like. Imagine when you and your family are hunkered down in your house for a long hard winter, no TV, no internet, no phones, no "entertainment". Books that entertain you and bring you to another world, will suddenly become very important to you then.

In addition, get knowledge reference books as well as children's teaching books. I keep two sets of very good readers to teach children how to read (I'm pretty good at the teaching kids to read thing), printed history books, encyclopedias, technical books.

You'll have plenty of advice on "tactical" books and "improvised weapons and tactics" books.

However I would suggest that in addition, you have even more books on basic long term survival, I'm not talking about how to survive for a week in the wilderness, I'm talking about reference books on farming, crops, animals, soil, medicine, human anatomy, herbal cures, Homeopathic remedies, housing construction, machine making, maintenance, carpentry and the like.

You'll also want to of course have plenty of copies of your chosen religious books as well as several copies of the books about the founding of our current country.

I have always been a book guy and have had to build 3 large book shelves over the years to hold them.
I guess it came from growing up in NW Wyoming with no phone, 1 TV channel if the weather allowed the signal to come in and living at the end of a mountain road/ goat trail.

History
How Too
Hunting

Have and remain my 3 core tenants for books. Hardcopies are essential for anything you might want to reference later. Buy books that are interesting to you not just because someone says you have to have it.

Being well read makes you more interesting and allows you to filter Bullshit faster.

I recommend the following
  • Gulag Archipelago: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
  • Ordinary Men: Christopher Brown
  • Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee: Dee Brown
  • Animal Farm: George Orwell
The common theme between all of these books is the juxtaposition of "leadership's" capacity for violence versus to what extent the ordinary man will tolerate said violence done onto him. Millions of men, women and children lost their lives because they trusted a violent authority in hope that that violence wouldn't be done unto them. It's a sobering lesson to learn given our current state of affairs.

Alright, get your nerd suit on...

As an avid ebook hoarder/reader, I recommend learning how to remove DRM and import your kindle books to a local server. All of this can be done with Calibre. Check this out: Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 (and later) and KFX in calibre

Also, if you can channel your inner nerd properly, you could set up a vpn server on your home network and configure your devices (preferably android based like lineageos, because fuck tim cook) to connect to it. Then you can use any device (tablet, phone, etc...) to connect/download books from your server library at any time. What this essentially does is give you the power to act like your own "Amazon" ebook cloud that you have complete control over. And don't get me started on Movie/TV or video game streaming... :geek:

Hah Stewart's Calculus is pretty dear to my heart. Another good one is University Physics. I highly recommend both of these.
I’ll definitely look into this! Thanks!

I would start out by strongly suggesting you have actual print copies of books and not just electronic copies.
I would also recommend you have actual CDs of the music you like and actual DVDs of the movies you like.

For books, I'd suggest getting a wide variety, including lots of good novels that you like. Imagine when you and your family are hunkered down in your house for a long hard winter, no TV, no internet, no phones, no "entertainment". Books that entertain you and bring you to another world, will suddenly become very important to you then.

In addition, get knowledge reference books as well as children's teaching books. I keep two sets of very good readers to teach children how to read (I'm pretty good at the teaching kids to read thing), printed history books, encyclopedias, technical books.

You'll have plenty of advice on "tactical" books and "improvised weapons and tactics" books.

However I would suggest that in addition, you have even more books on basic long term survival, I'm not talking about how to survive for a week in the wilderness, I'm talking about reference books on farming, crops, animals, soil, medicine, human anatomy, herbal cures, Homeopathic remedies, housing construction, machine making, maintenance, carpentry and the like.

You'll also want to of course have plenty of copies of your chosen religious books as well as several copies of the books about the founding of our current country.
Yes I agree! Those are all great ideas. Any specific recommendations are welcome

How 1984 should have went:

Unarmed Party official: "2+2 equals 5, because the Party says so".

Armed man: (Pulling out a pistol and pointing it directly at the head of the official) "Nah... I think 2+2 equals get on your knees and suck my dick... Because I have a gun and you don't... Now open wide, take it all in... Oh yeah.... And suck it real nice and slow.... Watch out right there... The second I feel your teeth on my cock I am blowing your fucking head off... (Then pointing at telescreen camera) Now I want you to SLOWLY face that camera and start jerking off as you are sucking it, so the entire Oceania can see that you like it, you fucking cock gobbling freak..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Edgecrusher
Unintended Consequences
Matt Bracken's trilogy
ATLAS Shrugged
second on the Braken trilogy... "enemies foreign and domestic, "domestic enemies" and "foreign enemies and traitors"... you can get them on Amazon for about $9.00 each

second on the Braken trilogy... "enemies foreign and domestic, "domestic enemies" and "foreign enemies and traitors"... you can get them on Amazon for about $9.00 each
Thirds on this.

Add 1984 and idiocracy to add some realism to the future that is coming