• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

collecting bug

gryphthemyth

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Arion, Iowa
So this is a little out of this sections intent but as it seemed to be the only .22 section I decided to put it here. I have recently been bitten by a rather strange collecting bug (dont laugh). I have gone nuts collectiing small novelty style mouse guns such as davis derringer, 22 NAA, and I even found an old butler 22 short. I am wondering if anyone out there has any other suggestions on these style little pocket pals I should look for as this is a new area of guns in which I have not looked at before. I am looking at fairly inexpensive 22 caliber and small models for collecting. Any suggestions?

Re: collecting bug

Yup i have been bitten by that bug to. Old boot pistols are cool. Go on gunbroker and search for pocket pistols and or boot pistols.

Desert Arms out of Nevada, they have gone out of business, made a line of semi autos with a card theme. the double duece was the 22 LR and the Two bits was the .25 ACP. they are rare but can be found.

good luck with your collection. the chase is the fun part.

Here are a few of the cheap (relatively) .22 handguns I own that you may want to look for. Some of them are getting hard to find now.

Mossberg Brownie
Savage 101
Sheridan Knocabout
Star F-Sport
Colt Official Police
Ruger Standard Auto
Ruger MKI
HiStandard Derringer .22lr & .22WMR. The .22WMR is a hand full and loud.
Beretta model 21