• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

College Budget Rifle

I went with the same set up as you have, including scope. I opted for the B&C m40 so I could afford a Timney trigger. Best thing I ever did.

I just replaced the Rem trigger on my new rifle with a Timney, never even shot the Rem, couldn't get the Rem under 4.5lbs! And, the break was more like granite than glass. The Timney is set for 2lbs and it's like buttah!
I've spent too much time with decent triggers to do that stock Rem thing. I toyed with going for 1.5 on the Timney, but frankly it's more about the break for me than the last .5lb of pull.
Can't wait to get this thing to the range. There's a new SWFA 3-15x42 sitting on it that I'm hoping will satisfy my eagerness to learn all things Mil-Dot.

I just replaced the Rem trigger on my new rifle with a Timney,

I was fortunate enough to get mine down to about 3lbs (the factory set was at almost 5lbs). My next upgrade is gonna either be the timney or PTGs new drop in stealth DBM.