• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Colorado gunsmiths? Sportsman's Warehouse gunsmiths?

Schw15

Longrange
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Any one use sportsmans warehouse gunsmith? And what Colorado gunsmith you use

Right head gun smith is Bill they will ship your rifle and parts to there location in utah and ship back for free to the store.

Fritz blueprinted and barreled my Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoore, did an awesome job very fast turnaround time. Doug Tig welded a new PTG long swept-back bolt handle, not sure I'm happy with the handle but Doug did exactly what I ask him to and quality of workmanship first rate, and again fast turnaround time. When my Tikka is ready for a barrel it's going to Mile High too.

I vote MHSA too.
    Had work done by them and would again in a heartbeat.
    They were quick.
    and bring your pocketbook, you will see other stuff while you are there that you “need”...?

also Mark Chanlynn in Longmont or Tannell if you live westerly in the state do solid work.

Saw a guy who went to a sportsman’s warehouse to buy a precision rifle. He talked to the gunsmith there and the guy got him “set up”. He ended up with a savage in 300 WM. He had a cheap crap vortex scope in vertically split rings that the gunsmith had installed for him. He couldn’t get on paper at 50 m because the rings weren’t even tight.

never trust 90% if the smiths out there. I know much more than most of my local smiths and I am not a gunsmith. Most are completely ignorant about how to properly handle your firearm.

Reactions: armydog
    Sportsmans sends everything to their shop in Utah. There are no actual gunsmithing services done at any of the stores.

When I lived in Houston the Gander Mountain store there put up a bunch of advertising signs and bullshit propaganda about in store gunsmithing services.
    They even went so far as to set up a decent machine shop behind the gun counter that was open so you could see the nice little lathe and mill and work benches and a rack full of rifles with work order tags to give the impression that real work was being done to firearms.
    After me and my brother talked to a few people about what services were offered it was revealed that all real machine work was packaged and shipped off to be performed else are so it was just a dog and pony show for the less inquisitive.

When I lived in Houston the Gander Mountain store there put up a bunch of advertising signs and bullshit propaganda about in store gunsmithing services.
    They even went so far as to set up a decent machine shop behind the gun counter that was open so you could see the nice little lathe and mill and work benches and a rack full of rifles with work order tags to give the impression that real work was being done to firearms.
    After me and my brother talked to a few people about what services were offered it was revealed that all real machine work was packaged and shipped off to be performed else are so it was just a dog and pony show for the less inquisitive.

I wouldn't expect any less lol

Gander sucks ass.

Reactions: Wyzrd and XLR308
    Hello,

I have used MHSA exclusively for the past two years. I wholeheartedly recommend them and their gunsmiths.

What part of CO are you located?

I have used Harless Precision many times for work and have zero issues with them. They are located outside of Fort Carson. I have had them thread a few barrels and do reaming work on barrel blanks. Good to go in my book all day. MHSA is also spectacular in their work. Just a lot further away from where I live.

Yet another vote for Fritz. His work speaks for its self. Great friend and shooter. Couldn't be easier to work with.

What part of CO are you located?

I have used Harless Precision many times for work and have zero issues with them. They are located outside of Fort Carson. I have had them thread a few barrels and do reaming work on barrel blanks. Good to go in my book all day. MHSA is also spectacular in their work. Just a lot further away from where I live.
    Canon city so way closer lol

Schw15, I live in about 30 miles east of you. Try Roscoe Enterprises in Pueblo., (719) 251-8951. He is a one man shop specializing in Remington 700s, 1911s, and S&W revolvers. What kind of work are you looking to have done?

Schw15, I live in about 30 miles east of you. Try Roscoe Enterprises in Pueblo., (719) 251-8951. He is a one man shop specializing in Remington 700s, 1911s, and S&W revolvers. What kind of work are you looking to have done?
    Thats funny because thats who i use. I think i was miss understood just seeing what gunsmith people use in colorado in general. But thank you and hes a great smith and fair prices

IIRC, someone several people recommended Westwind Rifles in Erie.

It sure seems alot of smiths are pricy on rebarrels now 350 to 450 to chamber and crown