• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Colorado Gunsmiths

scifri44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
Hello, its definitely been while since i've been back on the hide! So, I'm looking for any input from any locals in Colorado in finding a reputable smith. I'm new to Denver, and i'm doing a new build. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

I'll add a 3rd vote for MHSA. And a 2nd vote for Fritz. These guys know their stuff and their guns shoot lights out.

- Carl

I'll add a 4th vote for MHSA. And, a 3rd for Fritz. He built my 6mm Creedmoor, and 338 lapua, both shoot lights out.

If you are looking south of Denver, Harless Precision does great work also. They are located in the Springs.

If you are near the longmont area, Mark Chanlynn of Rocky Mountain Rifle Works is a great source. I've known him 20+ years. A great mentor to me.

Solid guy. Good luck.

PS. Mile High be some squared away fellers as well. Can't go wrong with either.

Gary Alvey is in Grand Junction. He does alot of work for other Smith's in the area including some of the bigger names.

check out the gre-tan web site. I have 4 by Greg and couldn't be more pleased.

Dave Sullivan in Erie has always done good work for me. He’s an active High Master High Power shooter too (not that most shooters do that but he shoots what he builds too.)

I don't have any contact information for Gary.
He owned Marksman Arms and builds alot of billet motorcycle parts for Jessie James or orange county choppers?
He is the guy who machined all the Bruce Baer aluminum heavygun stocks and rests like the one pictured.
I bought 2 of his setups but only worked with him by phone.

Attachments

• 38154.jpeg
    38154.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 47
Dave Sullivan in Erie has always done good work for me. He’s an active High Master High Power shooter too (not that most shooters do that but he shoots what he builds too.)

I can also vouch for Dave. He has done some work for me in the past and I have been very happy with it.

- Carl

I have never dealt with Greg Tannel but i have one of his rifles in 6.5wsm i bought used and it is a shooter for sure. I wouldn't hesitate to use him based on the rifle I have and the information I've seen about his quality of work.

I talked to Adam of over at Mile High Shooting. He seems very knowledgeable. So, I decided to go with them. Hopefully all goes well with my build, fingers crossed.

As Mr Dixon noted, MHSA does good work if you want local Front Range CO.

Y’all ever read Lowlight on who does a good bit of his stuff?............ ?