• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up (Colorado) Pawnee Grasslands

Mendocino

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2008
Colorado
I am interested in testing some loads pursuant to TresMon's methods in the reloading section of the board. I need to shoot to at least 500 yards and don't have access to that at my local range. I have never shot at Pawnee Grasslands and would appreciate going with someone who has. Is anyone interested in going with me and "showing me around?"

Alternatively is anyone has an alternative suggestion I would appreciate that. I live in Broomfield.

Re: (Colorado) Pawnee Grasslands

You could try the Colorado Rifle Club on the 1000-yd paper range or the silhouettes which I believe go out to 660.

If you go to Pawnee, I'd like to check it out too. Maybe a meet-up is in order.

I'm about to get a new scope that will need sighting in. I would also be interested in checking it out, you guys have time during the week?

I go roughly every week or every other week & I have several steel targets and a place where you can drive out the targets out vs. walking them out. Anyone of you guys want to go out and ring some steel - then PM

The CO Rifle Club could work if I had someone in the pits, could shoot from about 600 yards, and we both had radios...interesting idea.

I'm interested! However, I just today sent my rifle to a smith. Perhaps in 3 weeks or so when I get it back we can head out.

Hey guys, any of you going to the cheyanne wells shoot next weekend? I am free to hit the grasslands nearly any weekend after next. Pm me if you guys are going to meet up sometime.

I'm going to Raton to shoot Saturday morning at Whittington Cente; the Sporting Rifle Match (SRM) practice Saturday afternoon; and the SRM Sunday. If anyone wants to go let me know (PM me). I stay at the Holiday Inn Express Saturday night.

I went out to the Grasslands with TBas Sunday and it was great.

Here is a couple pics of our setup:

DSCN0839.jpg

We had two AWs; one in 308 and one in 260, and a TRG-22 in 308.

DSCN0836.jpg

Good times!

Hey Tbass id be interested in hooking up for some steel plinking. How far of a distance can you go out to were you shoot?

Mendocino - that suppressor looks pretty good on there! $1,220.00 and 4 to 6 months wait and you can hang one on the end of the ole AI... you know that's what all the cool kids are doing these days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mendocino - that suppressor looks pretty good on there! $1,220.00 and 4 to 6 months wait and you can hang one on the end of the ole AI... you know that's what all the cool kids are doing these days </div></div>

I shot at Wittington Center early this afternoon and then went to the SRM practice. As I shooting Zak dropped a can onto my mat and said he brought a metric threaded can for me to use! Nice guy, he understands customer service. We then proceeded to talk about the vagaries of the AW--good afternoon.

We'll see how tomorrow goes...

Mendocino.... Best of luck to you tomorrow. By the way, I love your new sign off signature "AW/AWSM Armorer"

we had 1 full auto gun, 1 m82a1 .50, we had probably 20-25 cans, a dozen or more short barreled rifles (sbrs), from Hks to Ars, tons of food, lots of everything.

Damn! Sorry I missed this!

HBARLeatherneck - do you have any pictures?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, any of you going to the cheyanne wells shoot next weekend? I am free to hit the grasslands nearly any weekend after next. Pm me if you guys are going to meet up sometime. </div></div>

Hey just a fyi, the Cheyenne wells shoot was moved...then just canceled. Make sure you dont drive way out there to find nothing going on. Right now, there is a tentative reschedule for this fall but who knows.

Anybody doing any shooting this saturday? either at the grasslands or by byers? I got a new scope & ammo and need to get some dope.

-sorry bout diggin up old thread...didint realize a year old. but still interested in going shooting.

Regards,
DT

There was a thread that had some directions and a aerial image of where they shot out at Pawnee, but I can't find it. Do any of you know where that thread is?

Went out to the Grasslands today and had a great time. The temp was in the 70's, to maybe touching 80, and some scattered clouds. This was the first time I've ever shot further than 200 yards so I walked it out to 600 yds in approximately 100 increments. Got a good idea of where my weapon system prints at the various ranges. - Todd