• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado Rifle Club Bans Steel Targets on the 1,000 Yard Hi-Power Range

Is anyone willing to hang the signs on Saturday at the HP range, during the work days? If yes, please send me a PM as they are ready.

I will be at the RM Steel Quest in Douglas.

The steel is not ready, but I hope to get it up in the next few weeks.

Wish we had heard about it. We would have been willing to donate Steel Targets to help out.
If it falls through and you still need some targets donated let us know:
Steel Ops Home Page

Mark I am out of town this weekend but could possibly help out on a weeknight or next Saturday. Let me know.

? Maybe I missed what weekend you meant but snipershide cup is memorial day weekend in May. Like I said next weekend I am open and might be able to recruit a couple other ditch diggers. :)

No worries. I know it is SHC weekend. I figured that with 30 people tossing a hissy fit, I could get 2 or 3 pretty easy.

I said I would help earlier and I will.
I am not a member and have never been there so will need directions and a time.
I would be coming west on I-76 or could drop down to Last Chance and west from there to I-70. The former would probably be best for me.
What do you have for tools? There is all kinds of that stuff on the farm that I could haul along, shovels, post hole tongs, post driver?
If you need help, PM me with that info. Regards, FM

Foul Mike, and Mike came out to help set the posts, THANKS MIKES! After the match tomorrow, Mike knows how to set them and I am sure he would like some company to christen them.

Anyway, the posts for the steel on the HP range are in and there is a target set out there. They need to be taken down when not shooting the actual steel. Mike, who is shooting the match tomorrow has the skinny on how they go up. It is pretty simple. There is a sister set on the East 200 yard berm. If you have chain, or strap hung steel, I made it really easy to hang your steel on the frames. Please keep the cotter pins and washers in place. The crossbar is pretty stout, but I know it won't last forever. If you happen to see it as being damaged, just take it down and let me know and we will get it replaced.

Last edited:
Foul Mike, and Mike came out to help set the posts, THANKS MIKES! After the match tomorrow, Mike knows how to set them and I am sure he would like some company to christen them.

Anyway, the posts for the steel on the HP range are in and there is a target set out there. They need to be taken down when not shooting the actual steel. Mike, who is shooting the match tomorrow has the skinny on how they go up. It is pretty simple. There is a sister set on the East 200 yard berm. If you have chain, or strap hung steel, I made it really easy to hang your steel on the frames. Please keep the cotter pins and washers in place. The crossbar is pretty stout, but I know it won't last forever. If you happen to see it as being damaged, just take it down and let me know and we will get it replaced.

Mark would you please clarify?

I just got the June CRC newsletter and it says that on the HP range the targets & axels must be stored in the pits when not in use, and that the stands stay outside when not in use, but not up on the berm. And, when I was at the HP range last week, nothing had been put in the pits - the stands, axels, straps, actual targets were propped up on the N side of the shed in front of lanes 20 and 21.

Taking shit into the pits when not in use seems like a PITA....

Last edited: