• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado Rifle Club

Colorado Luckydog

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
I just joined the Colorado Rifle Club in Byers Colorado. I was wondering if any of you guys are members?

It seems like a decent club and not very expensive. I'll only use it in the non winter months. In the winter months I'll just be hunting.

I'm not but there are definitely members here. @Starbuck runs a rimfire match there.
I've been a member there since 2007 or so. Excellent facility.

As noted I am MD for a long range RF match, here:

And a fun all-prone CF match is here:

Although the MD, @Quickdraw40, doesn't post on here anymore, here is a necrothread on the match:

The Club is also in the process of developing a new range that will allow shooting at steel to 1700y++. This new range I hope will be active later this year, but the project that is on the front burner now is the construction of a nice new clubhouse, and this is taking up most of the Board's attention at the moment.

Last edited:
How far does it go now? I’m relatively close and have been thinking about joining there for a bit

How far does it go now? I’m relatively close and have been thinking about joining there for a bit
The longest range now is 1,000y. It is set up with pits for Hi-Power and Palma shooting, but members are allowed to set out their own steel 40y behind the pits, so you can shoot 1,040y. If the range is not crowded, you can move your firing position closer, up to 2-300y, and there are protocols at the Club regarding this, but it seems to all work out, at least during the week. The 1K range is quite busy on weekends, between matches and casual shooters.

The longest range now is 1,000y. It is set up with pits for Hi-Power and Palma shooting, but members are allowed to set out their own steel 40y behind the pits, so you can shoot 1,040y. If the range is not crowded, you can move your firing position closer, up to 2-300y, and there are protocols at the Club regarding this, but it seems to all work out, at least during the week. The 1K range is quite busy on weekends, between matches and casual shooters.
Well, it’s a good thing I have fridays off…

May have to get on this in a few months. We had to buy a new roof a few weeks ago so extra $$ is nonexistent right now

Well, it’s a good thing I have fridays off…

May have to get on this in a few months. We had to buy a new roof a few weeks ago so extra $$ is nonexistent right now
Don't wait too long. Membership is currently open, but the Board will likely be implementing a cap later this year, and a waiting list. I think there are around 1,500 members now, and as I mentioned it's just fine during the week, but getting crowded on weekends.

Reactions: Bender and The D
Don't wait too long. Membership is currently open, but the Board will likely be implementing a cap later this year, and a waiting list. I think there are around 1,500 members now, and as I mentioned it's just fine during the week, but getting crowded on weekends.
Noted, thanks