• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Colorado Shooter, Hi Everyone!

Nishgriff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2013
Denver CO
www.nishnalbandian.com
My name is Nish, I live in Denver, and I learned to shoot in the Marines 20 years ago. I loved shooting, but it wasn't really part of my life after I left the service. But recently I picked up a rifle or two and have started hitting the range, and loving it. I find it relaxing and focusing.

I remember qualifying (expert) at 200, 300, and 500 yards in corps on shitty iron sight M-16A2's, so I thought it would be a cinch to start shooting out to 500 with a scoped rifle. How wrong I was :D So I figured I'd come onto the site here and learn some things. My fundamentals are pretty good, I had some good training, but it's been a while!!!!

So, I've got:

1. Remington 700 SPS Varmint .223, 26" 1:12 barrel in a B&C Hook stock with Millet 4-16x50. This thing shot 1/2 groups out of the box at 100 yards with Hornady Vmax 55gr. My best groups are 1/4MOA at 100, but I'm having a tougher time getting it dialed in at longer distances. Gonna work on parallax today. I'd look into doing a few things to the rifle, but I figure for now it's me, not the rifle that's causing any inaccuracy.

2. Remington 700 Tactical .223 20" 1:9 barrel in the crappy hogue stock it came with, with Nikon M-223 4-16x42 optic. This rifle is not quite as accurate, having a hard time getting it under MOA at 100. I've gone through the basics of setting up the rifle again (but probably need a bit higher cheekpiece), and will work on parallax on that one (I think the parallax adjustment on the scope is not very good, but we'll see). I've tried a few different loads with it, but having quite found anything it loves yet. I'm gonna try some black hills 69grain Matchkings this week. I'll get a new stock for it soon I guess too. Maybe a nice wood one :D

Anyway, I'd get a suppressor for them, but I'm moving to california in a few months, and it would be a waste of money.

I have already learned a lot on the site, and I look forward to learning more. This is something I will be doing for a hobby, for fun and relaxation. If there is anyone here from Denver or northern CO who wants to meet up and shoot at a range or just out at Pawnee Grasslands, hit me up!

Attachments

• TgtGfx.jpg
    TgtGfx.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 20
  • photo-18.jpg
    photo-18.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the Hide. Looks like you already have a good starting point. Good luck with the impending move.