• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Colorado Springs, CO - Gunsmith needed

Big_Country

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2010
United States
Does anyone have a recommended gunsmith in the Colorado Springs area? If not I would be willing to travel to Denver especially if their is a highly recommended gunsmith there. I need some work done on my new R700.

I need a recrown, flute on bolt, break install maybe a couple other small things.

Thanks a million.
Much respect,
-Sv

Re: Colorado Springs, CO - Gunsmith needed

High Tech Customs has a little bit of good press, but I can't find anyone who's dealt with them personally. I was looking for someone to build my rifle in the Springs, but it seems like there's not a whole lot of guys locally.

I've only had High Tech Customs put on a few muzzlebrakes, so I can't attest to their other work, but I am a happy customer.

Why are you so set on having it done in the springs?

The last smith I would trust to do anything more than a recoil pad left here 10 years ago.

Even if you find one they are not gonna drop everything they are doing to fit you in because you are a local.

Do yourself a favor and put it in the mail to someone.

I let Chad at Longrifles Inc. do all of my stuff.

But if push came to shove Mark C. would be my next choice.
Just remember Mark is a die hard racer and racing season is here.

Do yourself a favor and give Chad a call and have a conversation.

I am a happy customer.
g.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Chanlynn in Longmont.

Well worth the drive. </div></div>

Ditto!!!!! He is definitely worth the drive

Just got a rifle built by Mark last week. I haven't been able to make it shoot over an inch yet no matter how hard I try lol.

Send the bolt out for the fluting. $10 shipped both ways max to someone that has a machine dedicated to doing it so quick turn around. Have Hickman Rifles do your brake and re-crown.

If you get stuck. We can do it. I fluted over 600 bolts last year during our group buy. My lathe is an $85k cnc that does a really nice job.

Turn around would be about 10 days.

C.

Save yourself some trouble and ship it. I am lucky enough at home to have some good smiths around where I live because I worry about mailing things but I have mailed a couple without worry..

From last I saw about gas prices I could mail a rifle to GAP cheaper than I can drive from Granbury to see Garland at Triple G which is something like 25 miles out.....