• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado State Wildlife Areas

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
Colorado has handed control of all state wildlife areas to the Army Corp or Engineers. Who has subsequently closed all SWAs to overnight camping. I bet the public ranges on SWAs become the next target. At the very least I bet there is a push to stop the use of lead ammo on these public properties.

715210528.jpg

What is the fine for camping?
And who is supposed to enforce it. The release is poorly worded enough I am not sure if it might just be John Martin. It says areas though, and there is only one SWA at john martin. This is a federal thing though, so any public land controlled by the Corp will also no longer allow camping. We camped at the dam while it was controlled by the Corp for decades.

Anyone been to the multi million dollar state park facilities that are boarded up at Bonnie SWA?

The state of CO hunting and fishing was screwed the day that moron Hickenpooper joined them with the liberal morons at Parks.

I didnt see this exact thing coming, but figured something dumber than we have already seen would happen....

They have been screwing it worse and worse for my entire life. Hickenlooper pushed the lever to Rabbit.

I think based on the insignia at the bottom of that page I was mistaken and its just John Martin SWA.

So is Hugo off limits to camp out at?

Doc

I really don't think so looking into a little more. I think it is just John Martin Resvior SWA. The number at the bottom to call for more information is a local number. Not that locals couldn't use some extra help contacting representatives over this.

I know there was a push near me to turn a city park with a lake (and a flood mitigation huge dam they built) over to them, with plans to expand the reservoir and essentially wreck the very popular park with piles if trails and rec opportunities (great archery range for one).

I dont know final outcomes and pushback from locals was massive.

When they took half of John Martin SWA and turned into a state park, push back from locals was as massive as it could be in a low population area. They said almost word for word. We know its unpopular locally, but we don't care what the locals think. They closed swimming at the black hole on the Two Buttes SWA this year. They claimed no swimming has ever been allowed on an SWA. Despite the fact that Hasty has always had a swim beach, John Martin has always been a place people go to swim, and people have been swimming at the black hole and jumping off the cliffs since the around the 1920s.

• Angry
Reactions: powdahound76
Yep.

Commies gonna commie

And of course we dont hear much about plans for change in “flyover land” up here in the big shitty, I mean city….

I just went to a different SWA this morning and there were a bunch of dove hunters camping there. Must just be John Martin. I will have to go talk to the guy who has run the Corp there since I can remember. He might already have plans to plow open some of the roads parks and wildlife closed. He fought the decision to close camping there from what i have heard. He also put a huge disc golf park in a previously unused area below the dam.