• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colorado Tripod company 4-series

1620140773689.png

GL
DT
Which ballhead are you using here? Anvil 30?

So what's the deal here? Came across their webpage excited about their product. Searched for more info and came across this page. It's quite the build up only to be let down. Almost two years of "development", over a year of "release dates", and now just vanished like a fart in the wind. Can one still purchase the Vector ($700 option) and attach the Anvil 30 or whichever attachment?

I'd like to support them as they are American made. I went from looking at $300 Innorels to this in about 10 seconds flat after finding it.

Reactions: Badjujuu
So what's the deal here? Came across their webpage excited about their product. Searched for more info and came across this page. It's quite the build up only to be let down. Almost two years of "development", over a year of "release dates", and now just vanished like a fart in the wind. Can one still purchase the Vector ($700 option) and attach the Anvil 30 or whichever attachment?

I'd like to support them as they are American made. I went from looking at $300 Innorels to this in about 10 seconds flat after finding it.

I have the tripod, and not the ball head.
It's handled a muddy day multiple times at a PRS match/range day. I've fully disassembled it to see how it works, and it looks promising. I've had mine since January and will definitely update as time goes on.

Reactions: D_TROS
I have the tripod, and not the ball head.
It's handled a muddy day multiple times at a PRS match/range day. I've fully disassembled it to see how it works, and it looks promising. I've had mine since January and will definitely update as time goes on.
Awesome, thank you for that! The craftsmanship from what I can see on the website looks great. I wish there were more details and pictures. Is that "handle" on both the ballhead version and standard?

Awesome, thank you for that! The craftsmanship from what I can see on the website looks great. I wish there were more details and pictures. Is that "handle" on both the ballhead version and standard?
I did not get a handle, but they do come with spikes.

Really Right Stuff is American made as well.

Really Right Stuff is American made as well.
Hundreds above my budget. Also, I wouldn't utilize it to justify the cost. Hence, me first looking at Innorels. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the 24L with the head.

The deal is its a very solid American made product for a darn good price. I have been using mine for 3 matches so far and am extremely impressed. Blows my old feisol out of the water not even close.

I believe I was told that the original poster from the company no longer works for them and left the forums unanswered. meanwhile the tripods have been completed and ready for sale for quite along time.

Buy with confidence!

and gratuitus pic...

ctc TRIPOD.jpg

TOP of tripod ball head is right at 6'

GL
DT

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
The deal is its a very solid American made product for a darn good price. I have been using mine for 3 matches so far and am extremely impressed. Blows my old feisol out of the water not even close.

I believe I was told that the original poster from the company no longer works for them and left the forums unanswered. meanwhile the tripods have been completed and ready for sale for quite along time.

Buy with confidence!

and gratuitus pic...

View attachment 7632539

TOP of tripod ball head is right at 6'

GL
DT
That looks so good. Is that the RRS head? If so, did it require an adapter?

I saw the integrated ballhead one shows sold out. Reading through the comments one said that they were re-engineering the ballhead version, which could potentially be why. Thank you for the feedback!

I saw the integrated ballhead one shows sold out. Reading through the comments one said that they were re-engineering the ballhead version, which could potentially be why. Thank you for the feedback!
That's our Anvil-30 ball head. It appears to be in the "+ Anvil-3 Platform" configuration which allows you to drop the platform into certain apexes that have a 75mm opening. This doesn't work with all tripods and we can't guarantee seamless integration when using our products with third-party manufacturers.

We are experiencing longer than usual lead times due to some supply chain issues. You can still place an item on backorder and our expected lead time is 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie

Its very impressive. I love the height. I can shoot kneeling with just on leg pulled out. Makes shooting fast when you have to start stage with everything colasped.

The Head is indeed a RRS head in an adapter plate. The ball head is absolutely worthless with out the adapter plate to solidify things. so if using that ball head on another tripod get the plate.

this tripod has something no other tripod ive seen has. It has 3 hefty set screws on bottom that screw straigh up into the ball head to lock it down (see pic). it is really nice as it locks the rrs adapter plate down rock solid.

rrs1.jpg

you can see the side markes where it was locked into my feisol. decent but not nearly as solid as this new tripod.

rrs2.jpg

the one thing I dont like so far is their cut out deal has the side notched for their ballhead they havnt finished. I think it may take some stability out but it is not noticable as this is more solid than my feisol by far...their cutout is secured in by 3 set screws as well. I would like it if they could make a cutout/bowl combo for the rrs head to fit into.

GL!
DT

Any updates on the 4 series centennial tripods.
Under the 4 series it is listed as both pre order and sold out but under the reservation deposit for 4 series its listed as in stock and shipping