• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Colors

Re: Colors

Nice little handy rifle, simple, efficient, and maneuverable. Like the finish also.

This was the rifle that got me into long range shooting in 2003, it shoots pretty well for a factory rifle. I've bedded it, just installed the Surgeon DBM, and had the barrel cut to 20" and threaded by SAS several years ago. The finish is just Krylon, it was my first paint job and has some wear but still does the job.

It's short and handy, I'd forgotten how much I like it.

My buddy found the shooting spot recently, it's pretty nice. The field here has a little over 550 yds available, and the right of way nearby has around 1200. He also just got permission to another right of way nearby that has over 1 mile available- I think that's going to end up costing me a lot of money...

I'm re-barreling to 6.5x47L but i've given several thoughts to cutting my factory 5R to 20" thing is i only get 2618fps with my current load and can't stomach the loss in velocity. So i'm not sure what i'll do with the factory blank.

I'd cut it, and look for another load. Short answer, the better handling helps more than the slight difference in wind drift unless you're pushing the envelope.

My other rifle is a .260, it's almost like cheating.

I could bump it up, all my groups with varget and the Berger 175gr BT LR were sub-MOA i guess i could bump up to max. Maybe squeeze 2550 out of it.