• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt 22 ar

Re: Colt 22 ar

Reviews are mixed. But they're made by Umarex, an airsoft manufacturer. Barrels are steel liners in a shroud, frames are zinc. Lockwork is proprietary; real AR parts won't fit.
You have to unscrew the flash suppressor to get the takedown pin out!?

I handled a S&W M&P .22 today for the second time ($449 @ Academy). Very light, takes down normally, actual AR trigger parts fit (by reports) so if you just HAVE to have a Geissele match trigger, it's possible. The bolt looks much more like what we're used to looking at in AR22s.

My preference is for a real .22 upper for my AR. I've accumulated 4- a 20" service rifle, 2 16" CARs, and an 18" SPR clone.

But for some one on a budget, or for a small person, the S&W M&P looks pretty sweet. My opinion on this has shifted as I have learned more about these budget .22 ARs

The one I handled in the gunstore reeked of potmetal.

If you already have an AR, I would spend a bit more and get a Spikes Tactical dedicated upper.

The S&W is 'better' from what I have read, but I have not seen one in person yet.

I have had 2 different Spike's uppers. They both would shoot good but were picky about ammo. They preferred the Bulk Federal Ammo from WalMart like the manufacturer said. So far the S&w has digested everything fed to it.

I just got a Spikes this week. Only had a chance to run about 5 mags through it. I tried some cheep CCI and some Wolf Match and both worked great in it. I only had one fail to eject. That was in the first mag. after that no problems. It is very well made and the mags fit great in it.

Spikes tunes them to run on Federal Bulk pack.

I can go about 1200 rds before I start having issues and need to stop and clean it.

I dont run mine for precision shooting, mostly on steel plates and poppers for low cost trigger time and CQB 'training'.

My son loves it. I have a EOTech on it and no Diet Coke can is safe.

I think I shoot it more than anything else I have.

I have a Colt .22 and from reading most of the reviews I think I must have got one of the few that made it out of the factory 100% functional. Mine has been very accurate out to 100yds, feeds Winchester 555 bulk pack perfectly and I get verry few light strikes or failures. Once I shot just shy of 1200rds w/o cleaning and w/o a malfunction of any sort. I'm happy for the $550 I paid for it!

Could it be better made? You're damn right it could! Do I fear of it breaking on me? Nope, it's only a range toy not a battle rifle.

I was showing little interest time ago, until I saw the barrel.

188.jpg

That'd make a Light Light Light Light Palma contour
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be good for shooting thru keyholes for sure...lol. </div></div>

Actually, all of the reviews I've read of ones that actually function well have noted their great accuracy. As I said above, I've shot mine out to 100yds with great results; I was hitting 12g hulls @ 15yds, shooting about 6" groups @ 100yds off hand unsupported, and ringing a steel gong @ 100yds off hand unsupported rapid fire no problem if I did my part i.e. hit 90%+.

They're not inaccurate guns, just manufactured using every method possible to cut corners lol.

ETA: if you guys want to read a good review, see pics of the rifle completely broken down, and see the source for the above pic HERE you go.