• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Colt and Sig back from Birdsongs

DODGE268

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2004
Jackson Ms
Got my babies back! Great work as always. Highly recommend using them. Got all of my 1911's done black and FDE, now my wife can't tell one from another. What? yes I've had that for while, heck you've shot that gun, don't you remember?
P2093109.jpg

P2093107.jpg

Re: Colt and Sig back from Birdsongs

Nice! What was the turn around time from Mississippi?

Love the Big Red 1 grips! Some one deserves points for originality.

Turn around was three weeks. Wally is trying to cut the time down and has. Quality was just as good as anything else I have had done but I didn't have to wait 2 months to get them back. I do have a bit of an advantage as their shop is about a 20 min drive from my house. And I hate to bust your bubble El Shavewa but those are 1* not 1st infantry grips, but I still think they look pretty cool. I got them from Miltac(or tec?).
Patrick

Looks great. I have a RRA 1911 that needs to be refinished. Maybe this is the route to go.

Does Birdsong do the finish on the Springfield Professionals? If so, it wears very well.

I think they do the Springfields but not positive. For under $200.00 it can't be beat. BTW they are doing PINK now and I mean PIIIIIINNNNNKKKK. It's loud.
Patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin_Deaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Does Birdsong do the finish on the Springfield Professionals? If so, it wears very well. </div></div>Yes. Springfield Pro's are coated with Black T.

Hotness
The more I see the fde black combo the more I like it.

Dodge268,

Could I get the contact info. of the person that did the excellent refinishing work on your 2 1911's? I am in Mississippi also, and have a couple of 1911's that I would like to have refinished as well. Once again, those are 2 good looking pistols.

Thanks
Rem5R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dodge268,

Could I get the contact info. of the person that did the excellent refinishing work on your 2 1911's? I am in Mississippi also, and have a couple of 1911's that I would like to have refinished as well. Once again, those are 2 good looking pistols.

Thanks
Rem5R </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">W.E. Birdsong & Associates, Inc.</span> <-- <span style="font-weight: bold">LINK</span>
1435 Monterey Road
Florence, MS 39073

Phone: 601 939-7448
Fax: 601 936-3081

Keith

maybe a dumb question, but whats the 1* mean if ya dont mind me asking? either way they look SWEET!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard Walter Birdsong died last summer. Who is currently applying the Birdsong finish? </div></div>
Theres' is and has always only been one place that applies Birdsong finishes, and that is W.E. Birdsong & Associates. It's true that Walter Birdsong died last year, but Walter's son, Wally - has been at the helm since Walter's passing.

Any shop (other than Birdsong) that claims to <span style="font-style: italic">apply</span> Birdsong finishes is FOS. As stated above, only Birdsong applies Birdsong (proprietary) finishes. Shops have to send gun(s) to Birdsong just like anyone else.

Over the years I've seen several people claim that they had their gun coated in Black-T or Green-T by a local shop, and it is sad to think that these people had the wool pulled over their eyes by shops who claimed they had applied a Birdsong finish when it was really Duracoat or something else.

Keith

Camo, the 1* means "one ass to risk". If you say it fast you'll get it. I can't say enough good things about Birdsongs. I love the work they do and now they are doing it with a faster turnaround with no compromise in the quality.
Patrick