• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Colt CM 901 5.56/7.62

Bamf911

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2010
NC, Piedmont Area
I just saw a article on tactical-life that talked about colt coming out with a 5.56 to 7.62 modular rifle. Anyone seen or heard any information on this? I have been holding out on a AR 10 type weapon and thought this might be the ticket.

Re: Colt CM 901 5.56/7.62

Sounds real interesting I haven't heard about this but I'll be keeping tabs on this thread to see how others weigh in.

Maybe it will be revealed at SHOT???

This would not surprise me. The M4 service rifle is up for bid/redesign according to the Army Times a few months back. If my memory serves me correctly- the Army was not stuck on 5.56mm as the primary caliber. Given that the Gov't is still in the RFP stage- you probably won't see a civilian version for some time...especially if the military has not vetted it yet. Remember also that not only Colt was sent an RFP...there are several other companies that will be throwing their product in the hat as well. I am a Colt fan from day one as the Colt M16A2 was my first rifle in the Army!!

Dang it. I just added a Scar heavy and Scar light to the stable. Now this....Man I am going to have to get a 2nd job.

I know this is an old thread, but was doing some snooping around to try and find out if this rifle has been released yet...cannot find anything. I did find an article and video of the 2011 SHOT show, but it seems this rifle has not made it past the booth of the shows yet. I had heard in videos released earlier this year, that the rifle would be available mid to late year 2011. Has anybody heard different?

Civie version is SP901..... some dealers will be shipping these by end of year for less than 2,000.

LE friend ordered one a few days ago and a Colt rep said they would ship in next 30 days---I would like to know what mags they use and how the adapter allows 556 uppers to be used--will report back when he gets his