• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Colt Commander

roby

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2004
houston
finally got some new grips on the bobtail. Had to cut the VZ grips for the ambi safety and bevel the top for the same. First time I actually saw the gun in person after the work was finished. Metal work is very good for the items I requested so it looks like I have a new smith to do 1911 work as well.

Gun started out as a seizure gun in dallas and I bought it from the PD for $425. It was in pretty bad shape so I had all the internals replaced, beavertail, slide stop, and safety with Ed Brown parts. Finally sent it out to get some aesthetic touchups: Heinie sights, mill down flatop and snakeskin, french border on slide, bevel bottom of slide, ball cuts on dustcover, bobtail, snakeskin fronstrap, and coat in a moly finish. Feels like a completely different gun .

Re: Colt Commander

That looks real sharp. I like the grips and the finish, very nice.

That's one dandy 1911!! Congrats,
wink.gif

How do you like the grips?

grips are great, good traction but easy to carry. Work was done by Eddie Jimenea in Houston and Dave Helton of washington.