• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Colt Marine Pistol?

I've been interested in them as well since seeing this post:

Colt M45 - Now Available for Civilians

But haven't seen one yet nor more information on them.

Anyone know if they are using Series 70 or 80 internals? I think the regular Colt Rail Gun uses the Series 80 system.

Absolutely....go to the Kimber site and read all about the Desert Warrior....add "Colt" to the frame some four years later and you have it!

Or the sig scorpion which the father in law has and it is very nice. But its just not the same. Partly sentimental and partly something out of Colt's custom shop.

overpriced. It's a cerakoted rail gun. It has SOME hand fitted parts...add in the nostalgia of it being issued to MARSOC. Dummies are paying double MSRP on gun broker and 1911 forum. The highest I've seen is some MSGT. spent 3800 on one.

The weapon uses the Series 80 fire control components and most, if not all, of the internals receive a Boron Nitride coating. Weapon is heavier and a bit beefier than the current Colt Rail Gun (CRG). Markings are different and it is being shipped with a Wilson seven (7) round magazine.

Have pictures and can take more if interested.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

493, yes, please post some photos and a range report, thanks!

I will be back in the office tomorrow and will snap some photos of the pistol and internals. As far as a range report, only about 1,000 rounds thus far, no issues whatsoever. The ambi-safety was not fully fitted, but two quick and light passes with a file had it fit perfectly. The weapon is a little heaver than the CRG, as the dust cover/rail is a bit beefier. From what I understand this is where one of the original test guns showed wear/cracking. It was re-engineered and the contract was awarded to Colt Defense.

Look for photos tomorrow, or a plea to help post, as I am on "that" end of the bell curve when it comes to posting photos.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

I will be back in the office tomorrow and will snap some photos of the pistol and internals. As far as a range report, only about 1,000 rounds thus far, no issues whatsoever. The ambi-safety was not fully fitted, but two quick and light passes with a file had it fit perfectly. The weapon is a little heaver than the CRG, as the dust cover/rail is a bit beefier. From what I understand this is where one of the original test guns showed wear/cracking. It was re-engineered and the contract was awarded to Colt Defense.

Look for photos tomorrow, or a plea to help post, as I am on "that" end of the bell curve when it comes to posting photos.

Be safe,
FourNineThree
Just send the pistol to me and I will take the pictures and post them for you. What are friends for.

Gosu,

That actually made me laugh, good one.

On a serious note, who can I email photos to so they can be added to this post. At work on a neutered computer and am unable to post. PM, email or post an address and I will send them out. Took a few photos of the overall weapon, markings, beefiness of rail and internals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

Smokerroller,

PM back and a handful of emails out to you. Thank you for posting, greatly appreciated. I can always take more photos if anyone is interested. Tried to capture the major parts of the CQB Pistol and what might be different or added. If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I can do my best to answer.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

Thanks to FourNineThree here are some great pics of his M45. How do you like the grip covers?
If it is ever for sale PM me!!
photo1ykg.jpg

Beefed up rail/dust cover
photo2oa.jpg

Flat MSH with lanyard loop
photo3ui.jpg

NM barrel and dual recoil spring
photo4ldx.jpg

Sight picture/3 dot tritium
photo5kkq.jpg

Frame with series 80 parts
photo6lh.jpg

photomf.jpg

That thing is beautiful!!! I have been waiting for about three months from my dealer. Not sure how much longer i will have to wait but its worth it. What a great piece of hardware for an old Jar Head.

Wow, sweet blaster, thanks for posting pictures! Please let us know how it shoots!!

Smokerroller,

Thank you for posting these up!

Parker13,

I'm not sure when Colt will start releasing these out to dealers. They originally said that 80 a month would be released to dealers across the US, but I am not sure if any have truly come out of the factory. They are still busy making the monthly deadline for the USMC.

gehrm,

The pistol, out of the box, is rather accurate. I have not put it in a rest to see how it shoots at 25 and 50 yards, but off-hand it is very accurate. The same can actually be said of the majority of Colt pistols being delivered right now. We issue Colt 1911's, both the newly released Series 70 pistols and a few XSE versions, and all are out of the box accurate. Colt has invested in some great and new machinery and equipment that has kicked QC up quite a bit.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

How is recoil with that double spring? Compared to a comparable Colt XSE 80? And how does the trigger feel?

bluto77,

Recoil seems a bit different, perhaps a little softer, but it is a bit heavier so that may account for the difference in felt recoil? Shooting Federal 45D, 230 grain JHP exclusively and it handles just fine, hammer pairs, NSR's and anything else you want to shoot. I can shoot a few different 1911's next week when I return to the office to see if any one pistol is different from the CQB Pistol. I'm not sure how many rounds the dual spring will last, will have to check with the factory and the TDP to see where they rate the round count for the springs.

Be safe,
FourNineThree