• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Colt USMC .45 CQB Any thoughts?

It would be really neat to learn the kinds of issues that people are having with the issue guns. Some issues are more easily fixed than others. However, for the price, I would expect that it would work from the start without needing more tinkering.
Yes I would like to know the issues also!

Please! Actually he was called out about a # that he didn't provide and is now questioning me who provided facts!

You're not calling me out, I offered to provide a name and number. However, if you're just another internet commando the POC I mentioned really doesn't have the time to deal with tire kickers. If you are in the industry and or in a position related to this gun and can be vetted, I can provide that contact info to you. Seeing how you have a total of 12 posts, I can only assume you are not aware of who some of the people who have posted in the thread are in the industry. If you did recognize them and still don't believe what has been said by them, myself and several others, how is my POC going to change your mind exactly?

You're not calling me out, I offered to provide a name and number. However, if you're just another internet commando the POC I mentioned really doesn't have the time to deal with tire kickers. If you are in the industry and or in a position related to this gun and can be vetted, I can provide that contact info to you. Seeing how you have a total of 12 posts, I can only assume you are not aware of who some of the people who have posted in the thread are in the industry. If you did recognize them and still don't believe what has been said by them, myself and several others, how is my POC going to change your mind exactly?
As far as I'm concerned most of you are bandwagon jumpers who have no facts to back up what you say!

As far as I'm concerned most of you are bandwagon jumpers who have no facts to back up what you say!

Send me a PM with your name and who you are and I will provide you with a number. I spoke to the POC and he has agreed to entertain your questions and doubts. However, I can sum it up pretty easily, it's a 1911, it jams and parts break. If I don't hear from you via PM then we will know it is you who is the bandwagon jumper.

Send me a PM with your name and who you are and I will provide you with a number. I spoke to the POC and he has agreed to entertain your questions and doubts. However, I can sum it up pretty easily, it's a 1911, it jams and parts break. If I don't hear from you via PM then we will know it is you who is the bandwagon jumper.
Hey Guy, You were called out on this once and didn't provide any info! You were the one who offered the #. Send me a PM with the info and I'll be glad to talk to the MARINE.

This is the reality of the 1911 platform. Unless it is a dedicated hobby gun, you or somebody around you, had better be a competent 1911 armorer. Their maintenance schedules are more demanding with parts repair/replacement being more frequent and complicated.

I don't really get this.

I have a 70's built Combat Commander that other than changing springs and cleaning every five hundred rounds or so (firing some sooty W231 reloads) has gone 4K plus rounds with barely a fail to feed/fire I can think of. I don't know how many rounds went through it before I bought it used.

I certainly don't compare my daily carry use of this gun as anything near as harsh as Fleet service but its not babied and I am no armorer. Granted fleet guys no doubt shoot many more than 4000 rounds in training (I hope) but facts are the pistol is secondary isn't it? The M4 or some other long gun is the first choice and pistols are still the weapon of last resort. If you are going to the pistol I guess things are at the point it better work.

In the time I carried a Sig 226 (.40 S&W) and was alternately firing it with the 1911 I had two failures on that gun. One completely locked it up and put it out of action (spun the take down lever) the other was the breakage of a cross pin that the gun was able to function through but required service.

My point is all pistols, like any mechanical thing, will have problems. Maybe I have been lucky or its a function of me not really firing to the point of failure but I don't think the 1911 is as failure prone as any other gun when properly maintained and cared for. The last part is where you run into problems with any gun but I agree the 1911 needs more knowledge than the latest plastic fantastic service pistol.

1911001.jpg

My apologies OP for letting my 1911 fanboyism cloud your thread

Hey Guy, You were called out on this once and didn't provide any info! You were the one who offered the #. Send me a PM with the info and I'll be glad to talk to the MARINE.

Sure, no problem give me your name in a PM and I will provide you with the number, it's like the 3rd time I've said it,what don't you understand?

Once again you were the one who offered the # pm his #. Never mind my name...provide me the # and I will talk to the MARINE!

Tell him a fellow MARINE will call him tomorrow! I'm watching the grammys now! LOL!

I think you are full of shit. Tell you what, since you don't even have the intestinal fortitude to provide a name in PM I doubt you would even call if I do give you the number. Check your PMs , you will find a name and number, Google the name if you don't recognize it, which I am guessing you won't since you didn't recognize Caylen's (wojo) post above who has also substantiated what has been said in this thread. I'll be speaking to the POC in a few days to see if you manned up and actually called him.

I don't really get this.

I have a 70's built Combat Commander that other than changing springs and cleaning every five hundred rounds or so (firing some sooty W231 reloads) has gone 4K plus rounds with barely a fail to feed/fire I can think of. I don't know how many rounds went through it before I bought it used.

I certainly don't compare my daily carry use of this gun as anything near as harsh as Fleet service but its not babied and I am no armorer. Granted fleet guys no doubt shoot many more than 4000 rounds in training (I hope) but facts are the pistol is secondary isn't it? The M4 or some other long gun is the first choice and pistols are still the weapon of last resort. If you are going to the pistol I guess things are at the point it better work.

In the time I carried a Sig 226 (.40 S&W) and was alternately firing it with the 1911 I had two failures on that gun. One completely locked it up and put it out of action (spun the take down lever) the other was the breakage of a cross pin that the gun was able to function through but required service.

My point is all pistols, like any mechanical thing, will have problems. Maybe I have been lucky or its a function of me not really firing to the point of failure but I don't think the 1911 is as failure prone as any other gun when properly maintained and cared for. The last part is where you run into problems with any gun but I agree the 1911 needs more knowledge than the latest plastic fantastic service pistol.

1911001.jpg

My apologies OP for letting my 1911 fanboyism cloud your thread

Let me qualify my statement with a 'compared to'. 1911s can run just fine for many thousands of rounds, but will certainly need more attention than say a good modern service pistol. My top choices are Glock 17, 19, or an M&P in 9mm. I'm sure H&K and others have some viable options as well, but I prefer and have experience the Glock and similar striker fired pistols. Sigs are another story as their quality has plummeted in recent years. If you can find a West German mfg. 226, then go for it. 40S&W is a silly cartridge in my opinion and I am not surprised that your Sig broke. 40 S&W breaks pistols, or at least prematurely wears them out compared to 9mm or 45 Auto.

It sounds like you did the appropriate maintenance for a 1911 over the thousands of rounds you fired (you changed some springs). Eventually you will get to the point where a new extractor is needed. Extractor replacement requires some 1911 competence (I don't have it). You may get away with many more rounds without changing it, but eventually it will catch up to you. There are a few more small parts that will need preventative maintenance and one needs to know how to see the signs that replacement is necessary and how to do it. Good 1911 parts are seldom drop-in either.

Let me qualify my statement with a 'compared to'. 1911s can run just fine for many thousands of rounds, but will certainly need more attention than say a good modern service pistol. My top choices are Glock 17, 19, or an M&P in 9mm. I'm sure H&K and others have some viable options as well, but I prefer and have experience the Glock and similar striker fired pistols. Sigs are another story as their quality has plummeted in recent years. If you can find a West German mfg. 226, then go for it. 40S&W is a silly cartridge in my opinion and I am not surprised that your Sig broke. 40 S&W breaks pistols, or at least prematurely wears them out compared to 9mm or 45 Auto.

It sounds like you did the appropriate maintenance for a 1911 over the thousands of rounds you fired (you changed some springs). Eventually you will get to the point where a new extractor is needed. Extractor replacement requires some 1911 competence (I don't have it). You may get away with many more rounds without changing it, but eventually it will catch up to you. There are a few more small parts that will need preventative maintenance and one needs to know how to see the signs that replacement is necessary and how to do it. Good 1911 parts are seldom drop-in either.

Cant disagree with what you state here, especially the part about .40 S&W being a silly cartridge.

Quality concerns caused the Sigs to be dumped in favor of M&P's in .45 ACP and they have been working out well enough. To me the M&P is a pure service pistol and it has no soul. A 1911 though intended as a service pistol has become an enthusiasts gun. Often this leads to problems as people dick with them to the point of inoperability.

If frames are an issue on the new guns I'm guessing it would be cracking at the slide stop bore and +P probably has played a role in making that happen. My job issues +P and I get the reason why but am I wrong for not seeing the need? With a .45 there is not that much more snap with +P but why submit to the wear and tear as well as the possible issues it can create for shooters. Spending prequal shooting range ammo than performing qual with duty ammo probably leads to a lot of "Hey why did my gun start to change"? 1 hit and three misses with +P is not as good as 4 in the black with standard velocity in my mind.

I think you are full of shit. Tell you what, since you don't even have the intestinal fortitude to provide a name in PM I doubt you would even call if I do give you the number. Check your PMs , you will find a name and number, Google the name if you don't recognize it, which I am guessing you won't since you didn't recognize Caylen's (wojo) post above who has also substantiated what has been said in this thread. I'll be speaking to the POC in a few days to see if you manned up and actually called him.
I truly feel bad for you!

I can see it now! Whining like a little bitch! Did he call you! Did he call you! LOL! I already psychologically beat you! You are done here!

Last edited:
Simple Math

Hotchkis=Douche

OP - What did you decide on? Sorry this has gone off track and Im sorry I played a role in that.

Maybe the dipshit can go back to Arfcom... This reminds me of a bit of wisdom that was once shared with me; "Never argue with an idiot, he'll always drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Last edited:
I am stunned this thread ended up like this. Thank you to all the members who were kind enough to make a reasonable contribution. Like I said earlier, his wife is buying a pistol, make & model unknown at this time. I am now considering the NCO Sword as his wife thinks that would be, and this is her quote: "A fucking great idea!" The girl speaks her mind. Mods, please lock all this nonsense up and or delete this thread. Unbelievable.

:(

I would be willing to bet he will love and truly appreciate the NCO Sword.