• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Common held belief, bullshit or mental illness?

nagantguy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020

And here is the “money quote”

Law enforcement needs to be respected, not because we were angels who walk on water, but because we're the living embodiment of the law," Officer Joseph told co-host Bill Hemmer. "And when you don't even respect or value the life of the living embodiment of that individual enforcing the law, you're going to have lawlessness that's going to come."

The living embodiment of the law- that is a bold statement- wondered what hide would make of this- any current or former LEO give me your take on that statement.

I like the thought it's 80% bullshit mostly cause flowers grow so well in it , but too much of anything can kill you .

And here is the “money quote”

Law enforcement needs to be respected, not because we were angels who walk on water, but because we're the living embodiment of the law," Officer Joseph told co-host Bill Hemmer. "And when you don't even respect or value the life of the living embodiment of that individual enforcing the law, you're going to have lawlessness that's going to come."

The living embodiment of the law- that is a bold statement- wondered what hide would make of this- any current or former LEO give me your take on that statement.
In one respect, he's correct. they are the 'bodies' who enforce the law.

Respect, however, for the law and those who uphold it, is something that needs to be earned.

Reactions: kmckinnon
Like Fauci is the living embodiment of science……

Only Cops, Karen’s, and the state give a shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Fig
The King's Men whining that the serfs don't bow down and lick their boots and treat them like the king?

How about they contemplate that if they are the jackboots for the tyrants well they get treated just like the tyrants they take orders from.

If the police somehow thought they could go around "just following orders", even ones that are blatantly unconstitutional and "just doing my duty" as they oppressed and brutalized the citizens and destroyed their lives on the whims of insane tyrants, and still be worshiped as heroes, they are hella stupid.

I could go on a rant about what do they expect when the news media is filled with stories of innocent people getting gunned down in their homes by "a few bad apples" and usually the "few bad apples" seem to get away with it... but why bother...

The law is nothing but a bunch of rules humans made up, the bigger part of them completely B.S. or designed to oppress the common man for the benefit of the government and the wealthy. Intelligent folks have long realized that only fools worship "The Law" as some kind of diety replacement garbage.
I'm sure there are some folks all waxing long about "well you just need to obey the law regardless because it's the law and anything that says law should be worshiped."

I "respect" the police in as much as I don't want to cross paths with them in the wrong way because they have guns, lots of guns and lots of buddies with guns, people who still blindly worship them as heroes, corrupt courts, unions, departments and politicians backing them up, and even if you play by the rules and work hard for all the lawful "remedies", after they do you wrong, it's a hard and almost impossible fight to win, that will take you years and bankrupt you in legal bills, and in the end all you'll get back is you and your neighbor's own money. So I respect their ability to mess my life up and try to make sure I don't give them cause to try to do so.

That is total bullshit and always has been. It was never the truth! Talk about gall!

As a former resident of kali and dealing with police there wayyyyy more than i should of had to, being pulled over for zero reasons a lot of times and having the attempts to trample my constitutional rights, i am not surprised if a lot of people in that state hate cops and resort to violence. I even had friends on the force there and the bad outweigh the good by a large number. At least it was like that when i was there and I visited years later, so i doubt much has changed.

That quote would make the Gestapo blush. Blind allegiance and respect. Yeah, no.

Tell me, do the agents of the state in Canada, Australia, Europe, here at home that enforced unconscionable/draconian Covid restrictions deserve respect? I think not.

I feel like it's the current "culture" of policing. The us-against-them, thin blue line, "every day i walk out my door into a warzone" mentality. Shouldn't really be a career choice for those with a chip on their shoulder, but here we are. They can blame the decreasing level of public perception on the news media, BLM, liberals, millennials, etc., but they could have prevented much of this shift if they would have held themselves accountable instead of sheltering their own from any sort of real accountability. They are, collectively, now nothing more than the tools of politicians anymore, and therefor shouldn't be surprised when they are viewed as such. Law enforcement has long been given the benefit of the doubt, which has been eroded over the last couple of decades. Restoring this trust is on them, and instead of seeing any substantial inclination of doing so, they have seemed to instead further isolate behind the thin line they perceive separating them from the populace, and doubling down on blaming others for this decline. I think we will only see this division further based on this.

I have nothing wrong with police officers individually, and try my best to treat everyone with a certain level of respect and career choices have no bearing whatsoever. I actually come from a family of law enforcement (all long since retired), and likely could have followed suit, however there was an actual war taking place that directed me towards the military instead. So to be clear, I am not saying or advocating for disparaging one for being a police officer anymore than you should disrespect one for being a plumber, just saying that the job doesn't instantly grant you respect when your actions no longer warrant it.

Reactions: AdmSpaceMonkey
Nothing on this earth deserves “instant” respect. The majority of people that demand respect certainly don’t.
I agree to a point. There are a couple different definitions of respect. Respect, defined as admiration, I would agree is earned based on actions. Respect, defined as having regard for someones rights or feelings, is something I feel we should have for people regardless. I won't disrespect someone just because of a job title or because I haven't known them long enough to "admire" them.

I agree to a point. There are a couple different definitions of respect. Respect, defined as admiration, I would agree is earned based on actions. Respect, defined as having regard for someones rights or feelings, is something I feel we should have for people regardless. I won't disrespect someone just because of a job title or because I haven't known them long enough to "admire" them.
You are talking about your own ethical behavior. That is not the same as respect.

Society's lowest common denominator has gotten too low. The standards of military, policing, and good behavior follow this downward trend. Trends are easy to follow if you don't have any standards.

That's why I post on here. High standards.

Reactions: SQ54
You are talking about your own ethical behavior. That is not the same as respect.
Of course I am, I can't control anyone else's behavior. I am only responsible and accountable for myself. There is more than one definition of respect, literally. I am agreeing with you with the stipulation that I'm not going to lower my own standards because of others actions, in this case I am referring to police.

Edited to add: The opposite of respect is disrespect correct? I'm not going to go around disrespecting people just because they haven't "earned" my respect. That doesn't mean I admire them.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdmSpaceMonkey
It's location based.
I currently live in small town Kansas and *so far* every cop I've met is what I would consider to be a 'good dude' to the extent if I was somewhere and one of the local guys asked me to front him lunch because he forgot his wallet I would, without hesitation.
I have lived in California. I would not trust a single cop out there with the dogshit scraped off the sole of my shoe.
I had a next door neighbor that was a south LA county sheriff....and good lord what a piece of shit he was.
He was 'roided' to the gills and no matter what the conversation was it always ended with him saying how he had bashed someones head and the thrill he got from it.
Not kidding in the slightest.
I have had the experience of piece of shit cops in Texas and Arkansas.....and have met a few decent ones in both places.
Nebraska, Dakotas, Wyoming, Montana....never met a bad cop in those states.
Noticing a trend here ?

Of course I am, I can't control anyone else's behavior. I am only responsible and accountable for myself. There is more than one definition of respect, literally. I am agreeing with you with the stipulation that I'm not going to lower my own standards because of others actions, in this case I am referring to police.

Edited to add: The opposite of respect is disrespect correct? I'm not going to go around disrespecting people just because they haven't "earned" my respect. That doesn't mean I admire them.
I agree. I can and will be polite to the most disgusting vermin that walks the earth. I have actual respect for very few people, however. Most of them, given enough time, will prove that they don’t deserve any.

Reactions: jb0311
coming a blue family, I have lost most, if not all, respect for police today. Very very few will stand up, it's all about getting to the pension

I respect police that uphold their oath to defend the constitution and serve the law abiding citizens. The moment they don't, they get treated as any other thug

Remember the gym in NJ that they shut down multiple times until they made it a political headquarters, the guy paddle boarding in CA, the restaurant in Texas that they brought out their mrap for, the kid in Applebee's and the list goes on....
What do they expect? Especially with an attitude like that? "The embodiment of the law" bwaahaha.
We're just doing our job! If you don't like it argue it in court!! Okay, how about getting rid of the qualified immunity first.

giphy.gif

Only in Mega City One.

No, you are not the law. You are the lowest level of the Executive Branch. There are two other co-equal branches, and together you are the law.

Reactions: BLEE
What a narcissist statement Deon Joseph has made! I bet Deon Joseph became a cop, so he could "get respect". Little Deon was probably just a poor black kid, growing up, admiring the power and respect that police officers received, or took. He probably always knew what he wanted to do when he grew up.
Police officers are definitely NOT the living embodiment of the law! They are just one of many tools, used by government to ENFORCE the law. As Fig stated, police officers are the lowest level of the Executive Branch and that's all they are. Citizens should respect the police, when the police are doing right. Police are held to a higher standard and when they break the law, the consequences should reflect that higher standard. Yes, I have been a police officer.

Last edited:
my favorites are pictures of cops with tactical no no's akin to the female deputy with the mag inserted incorrectly

The issue is that LE right now are encountering a BRILLIANT Motte and Bailey attack on their profession.

We take the extreme examples of bullshit...smear the fuck out of every LE with them....then insist that that is the average cop.

When that didn't work, they got to stand around holding the bag of COVID restrictions.

------

I have said it before, and I'll say it again. If you are employed by our government(s) in an armed capacity of any sort anywhere, know EXACTLY where the "I QUIT FUCK YOU!" line in the sand is. And be prepared for someone to eventually hand that thing to you as we are going down the toilet folks.

Reactions: Pbgt