• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Communist gets "other-than-honorable" discharge

Schrodinger's cat...

Greg's cat-in-the-box is A) non-existent, and B) not in any way involved in a Quantum Physics thought experiment.

There ain't any cat, folks. I could have said, "there ain't no cat, folks"; but that would have ignited yet another expedition through Double Negative Fool's Paradise...

Bur let us, perchance, say that I did...

LOL!

Greg

Reactions: QuietShootr
No, I got this one right. You know what I'm joking about right? Schrödinger's Cat? It's a little bit different but the gist is there.

Okay, color me wrong on OTH discharges, I don't know exactly where I heard that but I do know I heard it from more than one person so it must be one of those barracks myths like you say. Wouldn't surprise me. Like I said, never met anyone with anything but an honorable. I don't have a horse in this race or anything and it sounds like some of you are more versed with the various ETS options than I am, so I defer to your explanations.

Still I think it's harsh what they did to him, which is why I think it was them using him as an example to prevent others from doing the same thing. I could be wrong, but an OTH is about one of the worst things that could happen to a West Pointer with an eye on a military career and would indeed prevent others from writing fuckall in their hats in the future.

I knew exactly whose cat you were alluding to, but this wasn’t Schrödinger’s cat, it was Greg’s not-cat.

Schrodinger's cat...

Greg's cat-in-the-box is A) non-existent, and B) not in any way involved in a Quantum Physics thought experiment.

There ain't any cat, folks. I could have said, "there ain't no cat, folks"; but that would have ignited yet another expedition through Double Negative Fool's Paradise...

Bur let us, perchance, say that I did...

LOL!

Greg

?? exactly ?

No, I got this one right. You know what I'm joking about right? Schrödinger's Cat? It's a little bit different but the gist is there.

Okay, color me wrong on OTH discharges, I don't know exactly where I heard that but I do know I heard it from more than one person so it must be one of those barracks myths like you say. Wouldn't surprise me. Like I said, never met anyone with anything but an honorable. I don't have a horse in this race or anything and it sounds like some of you are more versed with the various ETS options than I am, so I defer to your explanations.

Still I think it's harsh what they did to him, which is why I think it was them using him as an example to prevent others from doing the same thing. I could be wrong, but an OTH is about one of the worst things that could happen to a West Pointer with an eye on a military career and would indeed prevent others from writing fuckall in their hats in the future.

Harsh?

If I were the convening courts-martial authority, an OTH and dismissal would feel like a slow jack and a ball rub compared to what I’d do to that scrawny little pinko fuck.

Over the years five troops under me were discharged (not including medical and end of enlistment). One CM'ed with DD and three under OTH. The CM was an eye-opening experience.

There have been many posts, and I haven’t read them all...

...but being a communist prevents you from maintaining a security clearance. All officers must be able to maintain a certain clearance level... So he is immediately unable to do his job or any potential job.

Aside from whatever minor charges he received due to being foolish, the Army would have had that concern and separated him.

At that point, he’d owe Uncle Sam a boatload of money for hus education. Boatload...

There have been many posts, and I haven’t read them all...

...but being a communist prevents you from maintaining a security clearance. All officers must be able to maintain a certain clearance level... So he is immediately unable to do his job or any potential job.

Aside from whatever minor charges he received due to being foolish, the Army would have had that concern and separated him.

Unfortunately that’s not true in 2018.