• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Compact NF NXS 2.5-10x32 ZS issue

xNF_9

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Fargo
I just pulled apart my windage dial, and there is no ZS clutch assembly on it. I'm wondering if anyone else could check for me and tell me if there is supposed to be one in there. If so I'll have to call NF and figure something out. The reason I opened it was because I could only get 4.75 minutes out of the dial....

Re: Compact NF NXS 2.5-10x32 ZS issue

ZS is only on ele not windage...and windage is limited to 5. Maybe re-read the manual...

Why would the windage be limited to 5? their website says 100 minutes of wind adjustment. I see it has a limiter on it and it catches, but why only use 5 minutes.

It has plenty of windage adjustment but is limited because of the turret design. With the small turrets and no way to mark what turn you are on you can get lost easily. Besides, most people hold for windage anyways.

The windage limiter is designed so that you can adjust either left or right. Putting a ZeroStop on the windage adjustment would only allow you to traverse in one direction.

If you need more adjustment, simply take off the windage turret and grind/file/sand off the tooth that is on the turret.

If you need more wind than the compact NXS ZS model allows then You are exceeding the capability of the compact Line and you may need a Full size NXS that also has a parallax feature for extended range precision.

So just to beat a dead horse a little because I'm bored, here is a picture of the tongue that everyone is speaking of. Nothing fancy just a little plastic tongue that engages another piece on the scope housing. If you hold the "r" that is marked on the body of the scope on the windage turret side facing you, the little piece that is on the body is located directly to the 12 o'clock position. It's really tiny so you have to look hard. I would have taken a picture but my phone will not focus that close.

If you don't like having the zs feature, just sand down the tongue on the cap or take and exacto to it, rub it on some concrete or whatever. You can always order a new cap if you ever want to have the feature again.

If I remember correctly there should be 27ish mils of adjustment the windage?
GetAttachment.jpg

horndawg, if we can help you, either of us a call and we'll walk you through what you need to do

I spoke with NF this morning before reading this post. That is exactly what you're supposed to do. I understand that the compact model is supposed to have the limiter to only allow 5 moa adjustment, but in ND 10-20 mph of wind is normal and will only allow me to shoot out to 300 yards or so. That's why I wanted more adjustment.

The man at NF described exactly what you two have stated, just sand it down and there should be around 40 moa each direction or a little more. NF doesn't recommend doing the sanding down because it defeats the purpose of the idea of the limiter, but sanding it down won't hurt anything.

Also I appreciate you two helping me on this, I searched for multiple hours last night to find out what was going on and couldn't find anything.