• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compact Spotter considerations

BravoSierra

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Mansfield, TX
I'm tired of lugging (and I do mean lugging) my spotter, which is more for bird watching I think. It's huuuge. Ok, so what do I need to be looking for? Cost is a factor. I was looking at the Bushy T series, but is there anything I should really consider around that as well?

Thanks!

I had a lot of great results with the Legend T, including spotting out to a mile with it for 6.5CM and SAUM. I've since switched to 15x binos when I don't need a reticle and only need out to ~1200 yards, and the LMSS2 when I need a reticle or beyond 1200.

Reactions: BravoSierra
I had a lot of great results with the Legend T, including spotting out to a mile with it for 6.5CM and SAUM. I've since switched to 15x binos when I don't need a reticle and only need out to ~1200 yards, and the LMSS2 when I need a reticle or beyond 1200.

If compact is the goal this is the direction I would go.

For a budget option, I’ve been really impressed with my Athlon Cronus 12-36. In my opinion, I think it’s better glass than my buddy’s Leupold Gold Ring 15-30.

This Zeiss Dialyt is marketed as being light and compact. They refer to it as a, "Field Spotter." This one is lightly used.

Last edited:
Some really great recommendations to consider, I so appreciate it. Now to break the golden rule, and actually ask the wife for the budget. =p

This is what I have been using for years.