• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comparable option to Nightforce NX8?

rmiked

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
I recently bought an NX8, 2nd focal plane , 2.5-20 x 50mm. Bought Monday after Black Friday for $1705 all in. I hunt with it and really like the field of view range and easily adjustable illuminated reticle. I absolutely love it. The MOAR CF2 floating dot center reticle is awesome IMO. The 110 MOA of vertical adjustment is more than I’ll ever need. Under 29 ounces weight is great. Admittedly the best scope I had before the NX8 was a Vortex PST Gen 1, 6-24 x 50. So I am not accustomed to the next level scopes. I know there are higher quality scopes out there but I don’t have a need for one. What can a person buy for $1705 that has all the features of my NX8? I put it in my Seekins SP10 in 6.5 CM.

Im a big fan og the 3.6-18 mark 5. Take a look here. Great fit on a gas gun. Message me for more info/pricing

Connor

Isn’t the NX8 comparable to the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15 scopes?

I‘m not sure how the quality compares but the NX8 has 110 MOA vertical adjustment vs 80 in the Vortex. The NX8 weighs 28.5 oz vs 19.1 in Vortex. Some differences there for sure. Nightforce isn’t shy about their tube thickness for durability. Perhaps that’s where the weight differ comes in? But some ATACRs and Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 can weigh 40-48 oz. The NX8 line is shorter and 8 X zoom so weight savings on shorter scope.

Last edited:
I've Heard people compare the Zeiss LRP S3 to the NX8. Most say the S3 has better glass but I have no first hand experience with one

Crazily enough, there's a scope that's perfect for you.

You said you liked the FOV of your NX8. The Burris 3.3-18×50 is the only scope I know of under $3k that has a larger FOV than the NX8. I know from experience that once you get used to the XTRIII, looking through ATACRs and MK5s is like looking through a tunnel.

It's FFP, not SFP, the only real divergence. But the Burris is 29ozs, has 120moa/35mil of elevation, 11 settings of selectable red or green illumination. Has the MOA SCR which is very close to the MOAR, using a small floating cross versus a dot. And having compared many times to the NX8, you'll find the eye box and depth of field/parallax much more forgiving in the Burris. The sight picture is this big edge to edge of the glass. Honestly, I think its a nicer optic than the NX8 and you would like it better.

And the best part, it's less money 😉

Well I already have the NX8 and I love it. It’s nice to know there is something comparable in features should I need another in future. I appreciate the write up about the Burris.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I've had most all the $1000-$2500 scopes and by far the best, in my opinion, is the Zeiss SR3. As far as I'm concerned, the few cons anyone can find with it are nit-picks. No, it's not a TT, ZCO or Kahles but its 1/2 to 2/3 the price of those.

No. I’m the OP. I am so pleased with my NX8, I was just wondering if there anything comparable regarding quality and features for what I paid for it ($1705)? There are so many options out there.

Nope. Nothing comparable. You found the best scope possible at the best price possible and put it on the best rifle possible. Can't think of a better setup. People on Sniper's Hide even said so (well one guy, anyway). Feel free to print this post as a certificate of internet approval.
1706304516701.png

Just giving you a hard time. Sounds like a cool setup. Pics?

Never owned an AR. Just got this one in December. Here is a few pics. A couple pics are from a permanent deer stand looking down a fire break in some pine timber. Killed first deer from that same stand 2 days later. 19 rounds thru rifle. The 3 shot group (100 yds) is SIG Elite Hunter 130 grain tipped. The doe was shot with Hornady 140 grain ELDM, 140 yds, deer moving across fire break. Rifle is not broken in and I’m getting familiar with shooting gas gun.

Attachments

• IMG_5232.jpeg
    IMG_5232.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2604.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg
    618.2 KB · Views: 44
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg