• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce NX8, 2.5-20 x 50, 2nd focal plane, MOAR CF2

rmiked

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
I am considering this scope for a Seekins SP10 in 6.5 CM. I can’t find a picture of the reticle with illumination on? It looks like there are small round dots along both the horizontal and vertical reticles. Is that what is illuminated when it’s on? The reticle name is MOAR CF2. I attached a screenshot of what is on website. If anyone has this scope, do you find the illumination acceptable? I understand the NX8 line has adjustments made by depressing the parallex knob instead of needing to remove it and use a small screwdriver like on the NSX line. I hunt and often need illumination early and late. I don’t use illumination in daylight so I don’t expect it to be very visible in full daylight. What I don’t want is just the center dot illuminated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_5088.png
    IMG_5088.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 40
I have the mil XT reticle in mine. The main cross hatches are illuminated but not the “tree” marks below the horizontal. I find even the lowest setting of illumination too bright for low light hunting at dusk/dawn but that has been the case for me with every illuminated scope I’ve ever had. i can almost always still see the unilluminated reticle as long as I can see objects at the distances I usually hunt (75-300yds). Turning on the illumination washes out the view beyond.
with all that said though, I love the scope otherwise. I have mine on a seekins .223 build very similar to the SP-10 setup.
IMG_3811.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JulianD
I usually hunt in that same range, 75-300 yds. There is an MOAR F1 reticle which illuminates the vertical and horizontal tic marks over a 40 MOA range both directions. I can’t imagine needing that much. I usually holdover vs dial when hunting as it is faster. The washout issue is a concern for me. I currently have a Vortex PST 6-24 x50 (on Rem 700, 5R, 300 Win Mag) and the illumination is very good. 10 adjustments with off in between each selection. It can go dim enough to not washout the image. I recently shot a deer at about 240 yards and without illumination could not see reticle. I am upgrading to nicer scope on Seekins SP10 and looking at this scope. The MOAR F1 reticle looks nice but could be too bright. I just want to know what MOAR CF2 looks like illuminated. From picture it looks like small round dots every 5 MOA. That might be real good. Visible in low light but no washout. The Mil XT looks to be as bright as MOAR F1.

There is a picture of the reticle, with illumination on, on Nightforce's website. It appears that the horizontal, and vertical, dots all are illuminated; not just the center dot.

Reactions: Cutout
Would you agree this would likely NOT washout image in low light but yet give shooter clear vertical and horizontal indication of reticle lines?

If anyone has a picture thru the eyepiece of the MOAR CF2 reticle while illuminated, I would appreciate seeing it. Thanks

So I finally ordered the Nightforce NX8, 2.5-20 x50, 2nd focal plane, MOAR CF2 reticle. It will go on my first AR, Seekins SP10 in 6.5 Creedmore. I have never had a scope as nice as this should be. My nicest scope to date is a Vortex PST Gen 1, 6-24 x 50. I really like that scope and it has served me well on my REM 700 in 300 Wiin Mag. The zoom ratio of 8 on the NX8 will allow me to have close hunting shots at 2.5 magnification without the narrow field of view of the 6 power (as minimum power) on my Vortex. And the top magnification of 20 will be adequate for all my needs. I mainly hunt deer from close range woods to 400 yards clear cuts and fire breaks. I think this 6.5 CM SP10 and this NX8 should be a perfect combination. Pretty excited to get it on the rifle and shoot it.

There is a picture of the reticle, with illumination on, on Nightforce's website. It appears that the horizontal, and vertical, dots all are illuminated; not just the center dot.
He is correct, i have this scope. All of those points are illuminated, a bit different but it works

Reactions: RKBArmory