• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes COMPARABLE SCOPES TO NIGHTFORCE OR MARK 4

emin007

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
BURBANK, CA
Hello everyone, wanted to see if I can get a comparable scope to a 3.5-15X50MM nightforce or leupold but at a lower price point... I will be using for mid to long range .308 rem 700 shooting. Will use very rarely for wild boar but mainly concerned about mid-long target 200-800 yards. Thanks in advance please provide links if possible to any suggested scopes. Happy New Year!

Re: COMPARABLE SCOPES TO NIGHTFORCE OR MARK 4

I've seen positive comments here about the new Vortex Viper PST line of scopes.

how does the vortex compare to the Mark 4? I know nightforce is the superior product

Got me. The general opinion around here seems to be the Leupold is over-rated, at least that's the impression I get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gavin S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got me. The general opinion around here seems to be the Leupold is over-rated, at least that's the impression I get. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">BINGO!!!!</span>

Use the search function. There is an unbelievable amount of informationon mid priced optics

Bushnell 3-12 FFP, on sale right now for 600 all over the place. There are also the various super sniper offerings all of which are decent.

PST's aren't out yet but should be within a few months. Up to you what to get.

edit: none of those are "comparable" to a nightforce, I can't really think of anything for "less money" that is as good.