• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Comparison between ITT Gen3 vs White Phosphor

***Ronin***

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
Denmark (EU)
<span style="color: #BF0000">Mission:</span> Hunt for Dino.

<span style="color: #BF0000">Weather:</span> 93% cloudless - No Moonlight - Minus 3 (feels like more)

<span style="color: #BF0000">Requirements: </span>
PVS-14 gen3 Omni6 (http://kortlink.dk/8pmh ) +
PVS-7 white Phosphor (http://kortlink.dk/8pmk) +
SF M952v IR light (http://kortlink.dk/8pmm) +
3x NVG Magnifier (http://kortlink.dk/8pmp) +
Cheap old camera (http://kortlink.dk/8pmn )
Amature pictures with bad focus (IRL the scopes are much more clearer)

<span style="color: #BF0000">Target:</span> Dino.
Don't be fooled by his happy face...
Don't be fooled by his small size...
He is the Most lethal threat out there

ITLnvg6.jpg

Been spotted nearby... Be aware.

Re: Comparison between ITT Gen3 vs White Phosphor

<span style="color: #BF0000">20 meter</span>

14with20m.jpg

14with20mred.jpg

whtphosphor20m.jpg

whtphosphor20mjpg1.jpg

<span style="color: #BF0000">20 meters + M952v</span>

14withm952v20mjpg2.jpg

14withm952v20mjpg3.jpg

whtphosphorm952v20m.jpg

<span style="color: #BF0000">20 meters + 3x mag + M925v</span>

14withmag20m.jpg

14withmagm952v20mjpg2.jpg

14withmagm952v20mjpg3.jpg

whtphosphormag20m.jpg

WhtphosporMagm952v20m.jpg

<span style="color: #BF0000">15-16 meters behind some leafless bushes</span>

14with15-16m.jpg

14with15-16mRed.jpg

14with15-16mjpg2.jpg

14with15-16mjpg2red.jpg

whtphosphor15-16m.jpg

whtphosphor15-16mred.jpg

<span style="color: #BF0000">15-16 meters + 3x mag + M925v</span>

14withmag15-16m.jpg

14withmag15-16mred.jpg

14withm952v15-16m.jpg

14withm952v15-16mRED.jpg

whtphosphormag15-16mjpg2.jpg

whtphosphormag15-16mjpg2red.jpg

WhtphosporMagm952v15-16m3.jpg

WhtphosporMagm952v15-16m3red.jpg

WhtphosporMagm952v15-16m.jpg

WhtphosporMagm952v15-16m2RED.jpg

Enjoy...

My buddy picked at WPT a bit ago. Those pics don't give that thing justice. I don't like using my PVS-14 at work. My buddy had me head mount it, and I couldnt believe it. Great piece of equipment. I hope to get one some day soon.

I agree the pictures are not as good as in IRL...

Its totally different when u stand with it in your hands then to judge it from some pictures...

Take care...

So in conclusion, if the pix don't do justice, which would you say allows for the best night vision viewing?

Weather and ambient light are gonna play a huge factor. IMHO I would rather not use a PVS-14. I was training in May and it never left my ruck. If I am qualifying on a range I use them, usually just behind my 68, but if I have to I use a laser. But, I have great natural night vision, and would rather just use my 68 at a low setting.

I was giving my buddy shit for buying the WPT monocular. And I was quick to retract my statements after looking through it. I have never seen anything like it.

M68 CCO aka Aimpoint compm2 I'd say

Yeah sorry M68. We use either CompM2's or CompM4's.

The Pictures .

I like the look of the projected images of shadowed terrain under White-Phosphor tube & <span style="font-weight: bold">( NO IR supplement )</span> being used .
But I think I Don't like it & prefer the Standard Green Image when it comes to IR being introduced to the equation .

The White-Phosphor & the more black/white projected image is Clear but Looks to be more of a ( white-light glare issue with me ) . On the shadowing with IR being used .
& with Standard Green color . I see more terrain definition on the shadowing under IR being introduced . & (to me) I think Standard Green light phase has the upper-hand with IR supplement introduced .

<span style="font-weight: bold">EDIT TO ADD :</span>
I would like to see and use a white-phosphor gen-3 tube in my raptor-6 . being that it really has upper-hand in low to no ambient light field conditions/situations & without IR being used

I must lead a sheltered Life ? . why have I never seen or used a White Phosphor tube in gen.-3 NV ???
I have looked & used many different models of NV but I have never seen these things .???? . Are they mostly Euro. or Russian or Israeli manufactures of NV ? .
Because I see & use & purchase NO white-phosphor g3 tubes in the standard US manufactures stuff I use & look threw .
Is white-phosphor g3 Tube technology not widely accepted or manufactured @ all in the united States ? . or is it just that New & innovative in NV Technology ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rancilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone add more WPT info? </div></div>

It has been documented over and over by many scientists. The human eye can see more shades of green than any other color. This is why almost ALL night vision tubes are green.

Sure , you can find an oddball pic where the white phosphor looks better (most likely because it is a higher spec tube or gated vs. not gated) but under almost all situations green will work best.

WPT,...a gimmick originally offered by DEP/PHOTONIS as its ONYX tubes. Note that the DEP/PHOTONIS are Gen3 performance but still gen2 in construction.

WPT have been around a few years now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OmegaMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rancilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone add more WPT info? </div></div>

<span style="color: #99FF99">It has been documented over and over by many scientists. The human eye can see more shades of green than any other color. This is why almost ALL night vision tubes are green.</span>

Sure , you can find an oddball pic where the white phosphor looks better (most likely because it is a higher spec tube or gated vs. not gated) but under almost all situations green will work best. </div></div>

This is quite factual. Proof of course is to also look at a green vs. red visible laser during the day. While both civy legal systems are 5mW, we can see the green approx. 6 times better than the red vis. laser.

Most think the green vis. lasers from the DBAL I2 Class 1 units are somehow more powerful over the red. Just your eyes are MUCH more sensitive to the green spectrum of light.

A few months back, there was a pretty darn good article in the American Riflemen Magazine on green laser systems. I think Cameron Hopkins wrote it. I thought it was the first good print on this subject matter I've read.

Vic