• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

compass lake chamber

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
I'm thinking of buying a Krieger 1-7.7 barrel from compass lake for one of my AR's. Would you get his match chamber, or the wylde chamber? I've used the Wylde before, just not his match chamber. Would only be using 77 grain reloaded ammo for this setup.

Thanks,

Alan

I have one on a Douglas barrel. Its seems to have a slightly shorter throat and tighter overall.

I bought one of their Bartlien 1-7.7 barrels with the CLE Match chamber.

In comparing the chamber drawings, its a little tighter than the Wylde.

I have a Krieger with Franks match chamber, its the most accurate gas gun I have....

I have a 7.7 16" Bartlein.
Wickedly accurate with Hornady 75's.
I would venture to guess the 77's would perform similarly.

575499_10151025074987779_1791165617_n.jpg

523766_10151025076082779_1878015714_n.jpg

I have one of his match cambers on a Douglas blank. Shoots amazing way better than I can shoot. I finally found some 77 smk, and those were the best i have tried so far. Cant wait to get the opportunity shoot it at longer distances.

Add me to the fan club for CLE match chambered Douglas barrels. Tried it on my latest barrel cause I wasn't happy with accurracy on mag length bullets having such a long jump. Now I make adjustments even when they are in the X ring.

I also have a CLE Krieger match chamber. Extremely accurate and great people to work with. Wish I could figure out how to post pics of some groups I've shot with it. Can't go wrong with compass lake.

KJ