• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compensator

Voodoo Medic

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2014
Hello to all. I am looking to put a compensator on my LMT MWS .308 and am between compensators. I've put a lot of research into it but can't decide between the SJC TITAN and the APA LITTLE BASTARD. I would greatly appreciate some feedback on these two devices from people who own or have used them. I will be using this for hunting, recreation and home defense. I am trying to kill recoil so that my wife can fire this weapon comfortably and to take the edge off that .308 round when I am shooting for fun. Thank you all!

Last edited:
I run a SJC Titan on my AR 308 and it works very well on reducing recoil. As for home defense, I don't think I'd want to shoot a compensated rifle indoors as the concussion will be deafening. You'd be better off getting a suppressor.

7114665793_451d340a19_z.jpg

Last edited:
Ross Schuler. $45, beautiful work, ships in a couple of days and works as good as any.
He's a member here on the Hide.

Im a a big fan of the surefire's but recently tried a Lantac Dragon in 556 & 762 and was equally impressed. If you won't get a surefire suppressor then the Lantac is a slightly less expensive option with all the muzzle breaking of the surefire.

Last edited:
I'll look into the Ross breaks. Have you ever used one on a .308? How did it function as far as recoil reduction goes? I will look into the dragon braks. I've heard a little about them. Thank you all very much for the input. Does anyone here know anything about the APA little bastard though? I don't see any reviews online or on YouTube that explain it very well. I've seen a very good video for the APA Fat Bastard but I want to know more about the little. As for the SJC Titan, would you recommend it for a hunting application or is it more of a 3 gun/ competition break? Again, thanks for the feedback. I wish I had found this place a long time ago.

I second Ross Schuler. I have one on my AR-15 and I don't think it could be beat for function or cost. I don't have any experience with one on a .308, however I'm sure it would function well. If you let Ross know your barrel diameter he will taper the break before shipping at no cost. If you get chrome moly you'll have to put a finish on it or go with stainless.

With the Ross Schuler break, do I have to get a smith to instal it? What are options to have it painted/ coated?

Schuler.

I had a smith install mine to contour it to the barrel, time it, and Cerakote it.

But you could do it yourself with peel washers. Ross with contour it to your barrel diameter. Finish it with any number of finished available.