• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Competition Chest Rig

dubbednate

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2022
USA
I’m looking for suggestions for a good chest rig geared towards the multi day comps: Real World, Mammoth, etc. Want to be able to carry a couple AICS mags and have an admin pouch. Any suggestions?

I like the Raine Vector. Its just a lightweight base. Gets adapted to whatever.

IMG_8643~2.jpg

I really like my Defense Mechanisms LCP.

Slick Velcro front for whatever swiftclip placard setup you want to arrange, and EXTREMELY comfortable. Add a DM Recondite if you need/want a hydration pack.

I just got an ESSTAC Mini Boar and I really like it. The 5.56 mag pouches are built in, so that may or may not change your mind as you'd have to add the AICS pouches to the outside, but you could choose to just not put mags in those 5.56 pouches when you don't need them, and you wouldn't even notice it since they're behind the main MOLLE panel.

I like the crye precision low profile chestrig. It's very modular and zips up in the center to make prone easy.

Can AI magazines fit in 308 pouches? Because there are all kinds of options for those. Maybe you can put a piece of styrofoam in the bottom so they don't sink too deep.

Can AI magazines fit in 308 pouches? Because there are all kinds of options for those. Maybe you can put a piece of styrofoam in the bottom so they don't sink too deep.
I run a Gcode on my belt with a piece of that harder foam inserted in the bottom, and can fit ACIS or AW in it.

If you're wanting to carry binos up front, a few companies make good bino harnesses, which has been covered in other threads before: Alaskan Gear Creations, FHF Gear, Kifaru, Marsupial Gear, Sitka, Stone Glacier, and others.

Stone Glacier are about to come out with a revised version that's likely to be optimum for western hunting, and could therefore be ideal for field matches.

Reactions: 96C
Low Vis Gear - Mountain Binocular Harness V2.

3 x 3 molle panels on either side for pouches.
Velcro sandwich for dangler pouch.
3D front zip pouch for smaller items (scope tools, lens cloth, batteries etc.).

Reactions: S12A
Low Vis Gear - Mountain Binocular Harness V2.

3 x 3 molle panels on either side for pouches.
Velcro sandwich for dangler pouch.
3D front zip pouch for smaller items (scope tools, lens cloth, batteries etc.).

This updated version looks awesome.

I'm using the V1 and its very well thought out but this seems to improve on it.
I previously used the FHF harness but sold that.

The MFF rig is good for full modularity but lacks the features

Reactions: 96C
I still have an old SKD modded Eagle around here somewhere. Those were all business!

If you're wanting to carry binos up front, a few companies make good bino harnesses, which has been covered in other threads before: Alaskan Gear Creations, FHF Gear, Kifaru, Marsupial Gear, Sitka, Stone Glacier, and others.

Stone Glacier are about to come out with a revised version that's likely to be optimum for western hunting, and could therefore be ideal for field matches.
I love my kuiu bino harness, but it’s the only fancy harness i’ve tried.