• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Competition Guys: Question About Carrying Rear Bag

MuleyTime

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Utah
Would love to hear tips and tricks as I am trying to become more efficient at moving from stage to stage without taking the kitchen sink with me :)

How are you guys moving from station to station in regards to your rear bag? I see a few competitors have their rear bag attached to their sling or their rifle. Is this a "depending on the stage" decision, or do you always have it attached?

Pictures of how you attach your rear bag would be awesome as well. In fact, feel free to comment on anything (rear bag related or not) that may help as well.

Thanks!!

I view it as a depends on the stage thing, I have plastic carabiner clips on my bags, clip em to my backpack and move on

I attach it when needed for movement in a stage but between stages it gets dropped back in my belt pouch or pack. I use a home made sock with a piece of 550 cord that I can slide over the stock pack and hook it under the front. Stays nice and secure and falls right where I need it. You can see it hanging from the rifle in the pic below

Tiger Valley also sells a sling bag which slides right on your sling. It works really well. I have one and use it when needed.

Tiger Valley Sling Bag

Rob what kind of pouch are you referring to?

Side pouch on my padded belt. Got a couple on there as well as mag pouches. I really like wearing a padded belt compared to vests or other set ups. I have my data cards, mildot master, pens, pad, small tools and about 35 rounds of ammo in mags. Enough to run anywhere from 1-3 stages depending on round count without having to go back to pack.

Last edited:
550 cord and flush cup swivel if you have side flush cups. I run a chassis with multiple cups in it. You can attach your rear bag quickly and at various points. Works well for me.

rob, what belt rig is that?

SO Tech but more out there now. Had that one for about 6 years.

I have two bags. A Wiebad TacPac and a FTW smaller pac from Rifles Only. Those two can get me though about any stage.

opW1YEo.jpg

sGmuZBF.jpg

Yup they were fun. If we weren't treated as we were we might have made some more.

Hey Rob, are those pics from a match in CT or do you travel to them?

Always looking for places to shoot LR up here in the in NE.....they are few and far between as you probably know.

Hey Rob, are those pics from a match in CT or do you travel to them?

Always looking for places to shoot LR up here in the in NE.....they are few and far between as you probably know.

PA and TX for the match pics. Nothing in CT so travel is a must if you want to shoot long range but PA isn't a bad ride. Check Black Hat Training Corps matches. Freddy and Mike put on some fun stuff.

Thanks Rob!
I'm not looking to shoot in matches but seems like their training class is great. Hope they have more offerings in the future.

Sorry to derail your thread, OP.:eek:

I have two bags. A Wiebad TacPac and a FTW smaller pac from Rifles Only. Those two can get me though about any stage.

opW1YEo.jpg

sGmuZBF.jpg

Hows the weight on the FTW bag? Is it that lightweight stuff made from unicorn horns like the Wiebad?

It's heavier than the wiebad , but it's also much firmer, and "stays put". Totally different bags, but I like them both a lot.