• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

component shortage

hessian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
oregon
Sunday, I was looking for powder at the nearest supplier. When I told the salesman what I was wanting , he got kinda' conspiratorial. Seems he was told that the shortage we experienced right after the last presidential. election was gonna return. Something about the feds making some big ammo orders. I dunno. Anyhow, I got 21 lbs of powder and 5k primers , just in case. Anybody heard anything?

Re: component shortage

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1236</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday, I was looking for powder at the nearest supplier. When I told the salesman what I was wanting , he got kinda' conspiratorial. Seems he was told that the shortage we experienced right after the last presidential. election was gonna return. Something about the feds making some big ammo orders. I dunno. Anyhow, I got 21 lbs of powder and 5k primers , just in case. Anybody heard anything? </div></div>

No I haven't but the price hikes and now possibly another shortage... I'm getting really tired of this crap!

On a side note I got lucky and found a local guy selling a ton of stuff. I took advantage of that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1236</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunday, I was looking for powder at the nearest supplier. When I told the salesman what I was wanting , he got kinda' conspiratorial. Seems he was told that the shortage we experienced right after the last presidential. election was gonna return. Something about the feds making some big ammo orders. I dunno. Anyhow, I got 21 lbs of powder and 5k primers , just in case. Anybody heard anything? </div></div> typical bs, but I will say that everything not just firearms are in short supply. This is not because of some end of the world stockpiling rather everyone is leaning out inventories. Now loaded ammo is something else.

Regarding the above post. Smart kitty! LOL

Edited.. second to above.

Sounds like a good way to sell a bunch of components! No shortage in this part of the country, but who knows what might be coming. Never hurts to stash some extra.
smile.gif
CKruse

As a general rule posting shit like this in forums leads to shortages. There shouldn't be any shortages as the retards that went out and bought 5 and 6 cases of primers in 2008, should have plenty left over still. There was a glut of supplies in the last year. Quit starting rumors that will lead to a run on supplies, that will prevent a shortage.

There is never a shortage of hysteria which causes shortages, but the worst part is price hikes. Those hazardous fees burn my ass! BB

If you think primers are in short supply and use Federals, call Brunos. Buy 10k and get free Haz-Mat.

HTH,
DocB

Primers will suck, Powder will be delayed, bullets will be a premium. More of the same.

Welcome to the SUCK

Plenty here..Check out craiglist and your local yard sales.

Plenty here......just no money to buy them !!!
My reloading funds is going in my gas tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a general rule posting shit like this in forums leads to shortages. There shouldn't be any shortages as the retards that went out and bought 5 and 6 cases of primers in 2008, should have plenty left over still. There was a glut of supplies in the last year. Quit starting rumors that will lead to a run on supplies, that will prevent a shortage. </div></div>

Just like chikn said, if you don't want there to be a shortage <span style="font-weight: bold">DON'T BE A JACKASS AND BUY MORE THAN YOU NEED!!!</span> It's not really hard to understand, if every one of us did what the OP did there wouldn't be any components left now would there? This shit had better not happen again.

I love 168 A-Maxs, and use them for Speed Goat and Deer out of my long range gun. My stash was running low, so I ordered 4 boxes of 250ct from Midway, and they are not available until mid-April.

I suspect that the tooling for 168 A-Maxs have been diverted into making 168 Z-Max loads.

Anyway, on with the other type of shortage. Plenty of stuff here, I just stocked up locally and they had pretty much everything for every caliber I needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bloody_Tailgate</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a general rule posting shit like this in forums leads to shortages. There shouldn't be any shortages as the retards that went out and bought 5 and 6 cases of primers in 2008, should have plenty left over still. There was a glut of supplies in the last year. Quit starting rumors that will lead to a run on supplies, that will prevent a shortage. </div></div>

Just like chikn said, if you don't want there to be a shortage <span style="font-weight: bold">DON'T BE A JACKASS AND BUY MORE THAN YOU NEED!!!</span> It's not really hard to understand, if every one of us did what the OP did there wouldn't be any components left now would there? This shit had better not happen again. </div></div>

But it will happen again because people aren't going to listen/give a shit about that logic. I agree that we shouldn't hoard components because it creates a supply/demand issue but the reality is that people do and there will be a supply/demand issue. Look at the number of 'prepper' shows on TV this election cycle vs. last. The lack of components was staggering last time and there was no media driving it, this time we have tons of media driving the "prepper" movement so the problem will only be worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bloody_Tailgate</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a general rule posting shit like this in forums leads to shortages. There shouldn't be any shortages as the retards that went out and bought 5 and 6 cases of primers in 2008, should have plenty left over still. There was a glut of supplies in the last year. Quit starting rumors that will lead to a run on supplies, that will prevent a shortage. </div></div>

Just like chikn said, if you don't want there to be a shortage <span style="font-weight: bold">DON'T BE A JACKASS AND BUY MORE THAN YOU NEED!!!</span> It's not really hard to understand, if every one of us did what the OP did there wouldn't be any components left now would there? This shit had better not happen again. </div></div>

But it will happen again because people aren't going to listen/give a shit about that logic. I agree that we shouldn't hoard components because it creates a supply/demand issue but the reality is that people do and there will be a supply/demand issue. Look at the number of 'prepper' shows on TV this election cycle vs. last. The lack of components was staggering last time and there was no media driving it, this time we have tons of media driving the "prepper" movement so the problem will only be worse. </div></div>

The worst part of the Hoarder induced shortage is that the manufacturers can raise the price of the items because of the inflated demand. As soon as any of their product hits the shelf, no matter the new "adjusted" price, people are going to buy it because they're out. A few years down the road and the prices have not dropped back down again, I doubt they will once this happens again.

Powder Valley Inc. put on their facebook page that they are only getting 50-60% fill rates on their orders, so the retailers don't help much either.

I put a decent size order in two weeks ago for powder, primers and bullets. Got them all right away.

I have a order in for some misc cleaning and 1000 rounds of bullets as of two days ago, as far as I know there are no issues.

I myself buy the components in bulk(not hoard) as I plan on using them and the prices just go up as the money supply continues to be inflated ( among other things that cause the price to go up)
No shortages where I live by the way.

we are running low on water, oxygen, ho hos, twinkies and smokes!

Here in northeast pa we can get whatever we want. Just got 16lb of varget and 5k br4s and 10k pistol primers with no problems. Im not a hoarder i just like to get a years worth so i dont run out in the summer and i like to get all the same lot.

Seems like we have all we need here in Virginia. I am however making sure I don't run low like I did 3-4 years ago and have to look around for primers.