• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Comps in the SC area?

David is there anything around Beaufort or Low Country area? I just moved to Summerville. New to long range so not really on the competition level, but I am looking to learn.

David is there anything around Beaufort or Low Country area? I just moved to Summerville. New to long range so not really on the competition level, but I am looking to learn.
There's a place 30 minutes from me that hosts some club matches but they don't have anything scheduled for 2018 yet. The name of the range is Maltese arms. Maybe give him a call and ask. Maybe they'll host more if he knows more ppl will come

As far as PRS style matches go, the Clinton house seems to host the largest matches in Sc. There still isn't a 2 day national level PRS match being hosted in SC. There are occasionally some smaller local matches like what Maltese hosted. If you are interested in some PRS club series matches, don't overlook the MPA range in Sparta, Ga.

As for shooting opportunities near Charleston, I know there are some F Class matches (monthly I think). I teach some PRS classes and long range hunting classes out of Ravenel, SC as well. We have 1 mile available at the Ravenel, SC location. If you are interested in a class or joining in on a DOPE day, shoot me a PM or check out the website and send me an email. My website needs an update for this year but most all of the information is still applicable, just not the dates.

www.shepherdsedge.com

Anybody know of any training type classes in the area? I'm new to the long range stuff. But looking to start trying it out. We have been doing some rimfire PRS style shoots. But want to get on the bigger caliber stuff. But am lost when it comes to calling wind and ranging.

I'm actually in the process of getting a group together for a training class with Fenix. Sean has offered to do a hybrid basic/longrange 2 day class for how ever many people I can get together. Right now I'm at three. Cost would be $500 for two days. Hit me up if you are interested. I'm over in Charleston. Sure I've meet one or two of you Maltese.

Count, I may be interested if you want some more guys, I'm up in WNC about 1.5 hours away from the Fenix range. Do you know the dates yet?

I'm actually in the process of getting a group together for a training class with Fenix. Sean has offered to do a hybrid basic/longrange 2 day class for how ever many people I can get together. Right now I'm at three. Cost would be $500 for two days. Hit me up if you are interested. I'm over in Charleston. Sure I've meet one or two of you Maltese.

Count, I may be interested if you want some more guys, I'm up in WNC about 1.5 hours away from the Fenix range. Do you know the dates yet?
No, I've been chatting with Sean, about dates and the type of class we want. He does a basic then an advanced. I told him I wanted more of a hybrid. Here is what I am proposing:

(Note: I'm hitting the high points here, an 8-10 hour day offers a good bit of time for training)

Day 1

Fundamentals of Marksmanship (Refresher/In depth for some newish shooters)
Confirm Zero
Gather Dope out to 1000 Meters
Misc. Instruction Related to the above.

Day 2

Gather Dope out to 1500 Meters (If Possible)
Alternate positions (Baracaides, Tripods, trouble shooting unique positions)
Reading Wind and Mirage at Distance
Misc. Instruction Related to the above.

Advise on what you would be interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenix_Strategies
Those look good. If there was time, I might add range estimation and positional shooting (standing, kneeling, prone).

Reactions: Changed
Hey Nooch I live in Pawleys as well and have a good place to shoot about 30 mins away. Give me a shout if you would like to go one day and bang some steel. [email protected]
As far as matches, Woodys is def the closest thing(3.5 hrs). You do not need to be a member to shoot matches there. Lowcountry Preserve in Tabor City has monthly 3gun matches as well and it’s about 2 hrs away.
If you want to do a class def get with Kevin and take his class down in Ravenel. He is one of the top PRS shooters in the country and has a great place to host classes.
https://www.shepherdsedge.com

I've been to Maltese a few times. It's a solid simple range, but be sure to get there early. The mirage can get really bad I the middle of the day. Let me k now if you guys want to really together and see if we can coordinate some sort of basic competition there. And I'm always down to go shoot

I've been to Maltese a few times. It's a solid simple range, but be sure to get there early. The mirage can get really bad I the middle of the day. Let me k now if you guys want to really together and see if we can coordinate some sort of basic competition there. And I'm always down to go shoot
I'm planning on joining in the next month. Been putting it off too long considering it's only 30 min from my house. When I do we should all definitely try to get a little shooting day set up. Is the rifle range usually busy there or no? I've only been there once for my cwp and it looked dead.

I've only been a few times, and it's never been super busy. One Saturday, I had the range all to myself, it was great. Let me know if you decide to go one of these weekends, I'm always up for a range trip.

Reactions: DAVID1989
Went over to Maltese today. They are closed during the week days for the next few weeks due to logging. I would definitely call them before you drive there.

I’m looking for competitions in the SC area. I’d prefer to stay within a 4-5 hour drive of the Myrtle Beach area...any suggestions?
We are hosting one 25-26th AUG, Snipers Unknow Challenege in Laurens, SC. Learn more about the events, training, and range facilities at www.fenixstrategies.com
Generally all training or special events can be tailored to meet your needs.

Last edited: