• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Computer/Internet Explorer help

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
FOUND SOLUTION....listed below, thanks to everyone for trying to help.

I just installed Bitdefender Total Security on my computer. After all was said and done, it had an "event" that needed taken care of...which was an update to IE Explorer from 9 to 10? I clicked thinking nothing of it. Overall it looks the same except, there are all sorts of PRELOADED web addresses. If I click the RED "X"....I guess I am deleting them but that's only one at a time. Does anyone know how to delete or remove all of them? THANKS.

Last edited:
The problem with Chrome is that NOTHING you do on it is exempt from Google's data mining operations. I am led to understand they even route you through Google's DNS servers to track you as much as possible

lol - just say it...you are in need of deleting the Internet history because you have a "problem"...dude....we all look at the HOT Girlfriends thread..it's ok.

Anyway... For IE 10, to clear history and wipe it clean: Top right corner, click the icon that looks like a gear ----> Select "Internet Options" ---> Delete Browsing History

If you want to reset EVERYTHING back to factory defaults: Top right corner, click the icon that looks like a gear ----> Select "Internet Options" ---> Click on the Advanced tab ---> Reset Internet explorer settings.

lol - just say it...you are in need of deleting the Internet history because you have a "problem"...dude....we all look at the HOT Girlfriends thread..it's ok.

Anyway... For IE 10, to clear history and wipe it clean: Top right corner, click the icon that looks like a gear ----> Select "Internet Options" ---> Delete Browsing History

If you want to reset EVERYTHING back to factory defaults: Top right corner, click the icon that looks like a gear ----> Select "Internet Options" ---> Click on the Advanced tab ---> Reset Internet explorer settings.

Thrusty, I think he was talking about bookmarks (unless I misunderstood).

The problem with Chrome is that NOTHING you do on it is exempt from Google's data mining operations. I am led to understand they even route you through Google's DNS servers to track you as much as possible

+ 1
_in the long haul, you WILL be in a way or another hassled by some unrequested Google intromissions_
Tested, and I've removed Chrome without regrets_

Install an use Firefox. IE is VERY outdated and useless. Chromie is like having big brother watch your ever click

Just in case - To get rid of preloaded favorites a little more quickly.... (This is for Win7, will be different for XP and possibly 8)

Start Menu --> Open "Computer" --> Double-click on C:\ ---> Double-click on "Users" ----> Double-click on your username -----> Double-click on "Favorites" ------> Delete what you want...keep what you want.

Thanks to all for trying to help but it's NOT my internet history I'm trying to delete. It is something preloaded when I installed IE 10. I may check into FireFox but I really have no problems with IE....except this. The fix?....I had to UNINSTALL IE 10! I called and spoke to someone earlier today and they said to click the gear icon, go to internet options, click ADVANCED and click RESET. His initial response before I told him what I was trying to do was RESET to IE 9! I tried doing the RESET but all the websites (i've NEVER BEEN to) that I clicked the red "X" beside them.....they were restored!!!!!!! Anyway, I'm back to using IE 9...no problems, doesn't seem slow....

You want the speed of chrome without the prying eyes? Try Opera...